New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-10-2022, 09:04 AM   #45
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
You know how to solve that, right?
And I bet you already have that awesome plan in your head too.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 06:00 PM   #46
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
And I bet you already have that awesome plan in your head too.
LOL, so you brought it up but you have no solution...
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 07:28 PM   #47
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Nuclear plants are the answer. A large number of them and the grid made with resiliency in mind. With wind and solar and whatever else renewable power you can harness and store that is economical. The base load etc needs to be Nuclear, as it currently is.

Last edited by Torgus; 10-10-2022 at 07:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2022, 01:49 AM   #48
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
LOL, so you brought it up but you have no solution...
I know your brilliance is immense for us common mouth breathers so I'll just take the time to help you follow my simple logic.

The post I was responding to was concerning how utilities have a poor track record with leaks in the natural gas distribution system. My reply was, which you seem so keen on just focusing on your point of view, is to bring up one utility in California where they did not maintain electrical transmission lines which resulted in actual deaths. So by the logic here, does that mean there should be a ban on electricity?

So this push to go full electric and the premise of fearing leaks in natural gas distribution systems, one would trust a utility that has been actually charged criminally in the deaths of people? I don't know about you, but I don't recall any utility being blamed directly for deaths with poorly maintained systems they are in charge of. Do you?

And I'll go another step for you, here's one link to a news article of PG&E's negligence. You'll find many others online if you so choose:

https://www.businessinsider.com/pge-...the%20wildfire.

The criminal charges in question were for an incident just two years ago in addition to ADMITTING guilt to an incident in 2008 on charges of 84 counts of involuntary manslaughter.

So please enlighten all of us with your immense intellect.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2022, 07:20 AM   #49
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

LOL so triggered. I love how you preemptively project your insecurities onto me with the "mouth breather" comment when I said nothing of the sort, just said "well what's your solution to the problem you brought up?" You KNOW you have nothing to contribute, you just want to make noise to feel smart.

California is doing something about the gas, sounds like they are doing something about a private companies negligence. Gotta love worthless whataboutism. Guess we could nationalize the grid and not put utilities in the hands of private companies but I suspect even the notion will be triggering to more than a few on here...

Not that california is doing it because of leaks anyway, they are doing it because those are the least efficient options out there, even worse than the ancient coil stoves and whatnot. It is just popular mainly because its cheaper.

This thread is bullshit from the beginning though, claiming they are banning all appliances or whatnot. It was made to be a circle jerk from the get...
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2022, 08:01 AM   #50
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
LOL so triggered. I love how you preemptively project your insecurities onto me with the "mouth breather" comment when I said nothing of the sort, just said "well what's your solution to the problem you brought up?" You KNOW you have nothing to contribute, you just want to make noise to feel smart.

California is doing something about the gas, sounds like they are doing something about a private companies negligence. Gotta love worthless whataboutism. Guess we could nationalize the grid and not put utilities in the hands of private companies but I suspect even the notion will be triggering to more than a few on here...

Not that california is doing it because of leaks anyway, they are doing it because those are the least efficient options out there, even worse than the ancient coil stoves and whatnot. It is just popular mainly because its cheaper.

This thread is bullshit from the beginning though, claiming they are banning all appliances or whatnot. It was made to be a circle jerk from the get...
Just as I thought. You have nothing to contribute either but are just passive aggressive with pushing off your need to circle jerk onto someone to build up your self importance. My reply was never about saying I had the solution. But you're too high on your horse to see that.

Oh and California is handling it? Seriously? Have you been under a rock for the past couple of months when you have California officials begging people not to charge their EVs to decrease the strain on the electrical grid?

But you be you in all of your greatness.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2022, 07:50 AM   #51
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Nuclear plants are the answer. A large number of them and the grid made with resiliency in mind. With wind and solar and whatever else renewable power you can harness and store that is economical. The base load etc needs to be Nuclear, as it currently is.
Nuclear would be tough as it doesn't play well with renewables. In any case California would need something like 10 of them. With the typical cost overruns running in tens of billions of dollars, , NIMBY, waste processing, it's essentially a non starter.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0