New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

04-29-2017, 09:25 PM   #221
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I was watching Caps/Pens butt then I stumbled upon LFL and my TV won't change any channel now
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 10:40 PM   #222
Kenny's X5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Every year the Caps disappoint the hell out of me!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 06:22 AM   #223
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
That Presidents banner will look really nice in the rafters.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 07:31 AM   #224
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Washington Capitals 2-6 Pittsburgh Penguins , it was a thrilling game and Pittsburgh has now 2-0 up in the Series , two away wins against President Trophy Winners is something remarkable verily .
It was not full sailing in favor of the visitor's side judging by the score tally .1st period dominated by home side , Washington Capitals, but Marc Andre Fleury denied all these , Washington Capitals tripled the Pittsburgh Penguins in terms of shots on the goal 15-5 .
I think what Mike Sullivan said collective balance was a part of this plan and worked well.
2nd period ,however, wind shifted thru the Pens as they found 3 goals but Washington Capitals tied the game up at 1-1 however Pittsburgh Penguins was able to score another goal and ended the 2nd period 3-1
3rd period kicked off a different way for Washington Capitals side as Holtby was denoted to bench and replaced by back up goal tender , it was a kinda strange decision by Trotz .
Pittsburgh Penguins didn't recline and sit back to protect the goal advantage over Washington Capitals instead, Mike Sullivan pickup an attacking offensive game and managed to find another score when they played power play and now score 4-1 .
Washington Capitals pushed and found a goal to cut the lead half back 4-2 but Pittsburgh Penguins showed skill, talent and smart play crowning another goal 5-2
Last goal was an empty net to end the game 6-2 but goal is a goal

Marc Andre Fleury saved 34 of 36 shots , with kinda help of 3 shots denied by the bar ,Pittsburgh Penguins also had their puck hit the bar no less than 1 time may be 2
Pens now 2 game win and put the vantage in their belt but series is not over yet .
Congrats on Pens on their illustrious win over Caps

Ottawa Senators 6-5 New York Rangers , I didn't watch the entire game , it was 5-3 in favor of the guest team Rangers but somehow they failed to keep the lead while just under 3 minutes remaining in the 3rd period . Ottawa Senators was able to find 2 extra goals to send the game to extension , over time, and after goalless first 20 minutes , 2nd overtime pointed the winner , it was Ottawa Senators .
Ottawa Senators take the lead 2-0 over New York Rangers but I'm hopeful that New York Rangers is strong enough to make the game 2-2 but I must say mentally they didn't seem as strong as I thought would be

Last edited by Nivarox; 05-01-2017 at 12:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 04:32 PM   #225
e90turbos
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Really thought this was the year caps would beat the pens. Fluery is outplaying holt by a wide margin.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 11:35 AM   #226
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90turbos View Post
Really thought this was the year caps would beat the pens. Fluery is outplaying holt by a wide margin.
I didn't hear the fat lady sing yet...did you?

Washington won the first 2 games in 2009...only to lose. 2-0 is not impossible to overcome. As much as I'd like it to be, this ain't over yet...

Be honest with you...that Shitnkirk blows. Trotz needs to sit his ass. Don't know what the caps saw in him, but even St Louis is better without him.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 07:18 PM   #227
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
I didn't hear the fat lady sing yet...did you?

Washington won the first 2 games in 2009...only to lose. 2-0 is not impossible to overcome. As much as I'd like it to be, this ain't over yet...

Be honest with you...that Shitnkirk blows. Trotz needs to sit his ass. Don't know what the caps saw in him, but even St Louis is better without him.
Crosbone injured; see if the caps can take advantage and turn this biatch around.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 05:50 AM   #228
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Yep...stick to the head changes everything.

Caps really sucking at finishing...game was less than 2 minutes from a shutout.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 08:58 AM   #229
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep

It was a thrilling game namely after Pens had found a goal to cut the Cap's lead in half but Caps put the cap on the "pen" in overtime to overcome Pittsburgh Penguins .
It was not cool but rather hinges of tones of misconduct at the ugliest committed by Kiskanen to Crosby . Ok, he may be sent to penalty box but I think he deliberately ,it was marred Crosby as it looked like an avoidable conduct from the tv
Things to say :
Holtby played better than previous game but I think his left shoulder is a weak point in terms of saving oncoming shots .
Fleury was one of the best players but his performance wasn't enough for Pens to bring 3rd win over Caps in a row
As I said before , Series is not over yet that was what I meant but what I dislike about the 3rd game was the fact that Crosby was injured and couldn't return to the game but despite his absence , Pens was able to find a 2 goals while less than 3 minuted to go in the game .
Edmonton Oilers 3-6 Anaheim Ducks, that was a cool and entertaining game as well. Anaheim , visitors, found twice a 3rd goal lead albeit their 3-0 lead eroded like a butter thru a hot pen .....or cap ......No, it must be knife
I think 4th game will be no less exciting than the 3rd one

Last edited by Nivarox; 05-02-2017 at 11:25 AM..
Appreciate 1
jgoens3787.50
      05-02-2017, 01:22 PM   #230
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Crosby out for game 4. That's all they will list at the moment.

Well...next man up. They've been doing it all season, why stop now.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 02:52 PM   #231
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Crosby out for game 4. That's all they will list at the moment.

Well...next man up. They've been doing it all season, why stop now.
i know ur a pens fan but did you see it as a dirty hit? i didn't seemed like bad luck and the defenseman wasn't even looking at crosby
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 03:14 PM   #232
onsafari
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
i know ur a pens fan but did you see it as a dirty hit? i didn't seemed like bad luck and the defenseman wasn't even looking at crosby
From another Pens fan....

The whole dirty sequence starting with the slash, stick to the head and trip by Ovi that put Crosby in that position that led to the hit by Niski....I think Niski could have held up bit and not made it so brutal...he extended his arms out during the hit through Crosby's head. Ovi should have received a penalty as well as Crosby wasn't near the puck. It's a bang-bang play but just like Columbus, the Capitals rely on brutal hits that are borderline on late and cheap. This is not the 80's where you win games or a Cup with physicality...it's about speed, depth and talent.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 05:21 PM   #233
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
I look at it like this...it's a quick game - I thought (after, not during) that what Ovie did was worse than what Niskie did. Slash to the back - hit in the head - then swept his feet out. Little aggressive for the situation, but I believe you play harder and rougher when called upon. Being down 2-0, it's been called upon for the Caps. I think Ovie should have gotten a 2 minute minor for his actions...odd nothing was called between the slash, high stick and slue foot. Though, that's part of the game, refs miss shit. I know I couldn't do that job.

As for Niskies part of it. I've been playing hockey for 35+ years now, been coaching for 24. When presented in that situation, you clearly know when you can pull up or get a shot in. He chose to get a quick shot in...I don't think he would have targeted the head if he wasn't going down, just happened to be the part of the body that was there. I thought worthy of the 5 minute - don't think he should have been suspended.

You can't just let Crosby do what he wants...he'll beat you every time. Crosby may need to turn it off some, or his career will be highly shortened.

Guess to some point I agree with Trotz - it's a hockey play. Doesn't mean I like it...but can't see how you can really prevent it (unless you start dressing superstars in pink and labeling them 'no hit' like the QB's in the NFL). I believe part of this is why we had goons in the game.
      05-03-2017, 09:26 PM   #234
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Hmmm...three goals scored by the Caps, but only two on the board. Guess they don't count when you put them in your own net.

3-1 Pens in the series.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 12:12 AM   #235
e90turbos
Private
Canada
Rep

Fuk the refs gave ducks that game. Goalie interference than offside goal
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 12:13 AM   #236
e90turbos
Private
Canada
Rep

And icing on ot goal
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 03:32 AM   #237
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep

Congrats Pens on their great win over Caps at home 3-2 . It was not until 4th game that home teams had won a game over guest teams and Pittsburgh Penguins break it with their win , great job .
As I recall, it's first ever time that 1st period have seen a goal and it's scored by Pens , they extend the gap 2-0 but guest team Caps ties the game at 2-2 . Pens has had one word to be written (pun intended) and they have done it , it's now 3-2
2nd half of the 3rd period was a reminiscent of the 1st game as Washington Capitals forced the game over Pittsburgh Penguins but Pens defended very well , blocked the shots quite neatly .Only downside I have seen for Pens is that they should find a way of minimizing turn overs in their zone other than that they showed that even without Crosby they could play and find scores

New York Rangers 4-1 Ottawa Senators ,I expected a win from home team but now New York Rangers must pick another win at home to tie the series ,I believe they can

That's great as I expected now series is 2-2 . Funny thing 4th game of the Series also ended up same as the 3rd one with an allocation of the goals

Last edited by Nivarox; 05-06-2017 at 12:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 05:13 PM   #238
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90turbos View Post
Fuk the refs gave ducks that game. Goalie interference than offside goal
Refs didn't lose this game for you...refs will never lose a game for a team. Ask any player/coach the reality of that. There may be calls that don't go your way...but there's much more to a win or loss than that.

1st off - the NHL situation room takes all the coaches challenges - which means the bump into the goalie is not a ref decision alone. That being, I believe the skate on skate outside the blue paint, and his turning away from the goalie was the deciding factor in that goal being allowed. Maybe Talbot's right...he needs to flop harder to get a call, but apparently he should have been able to make a play, and I believe he came forward as well.

2nd - the offside play - I get it...skate up in the air, technically off sides. In reality on this, his back skate was behind the blue line in its entirely - in the neutral zone when coming across. His being offside was not the reason the goal was scored. If your coach didn't use the time out for the above - this would probably have been overturned. Still doesn't condone the D's play in this series of events for this one goal (we're not talking an off side pass that immediately led to a goal).

For the icing play - The back linesman called the offside play - but can get overruled by the forward linesman. In my opinion, Kelfbom could have made the play, but his poor ability to pivot opened himself away from the puck...likely why it was waived off.

With this, Larsson is probably one of my favorite D, since I watched him live in the World Jrs. Between his mishandle of the puck, much less leaving his side guy wide open in front, this was more a D mishap than the refs losing the game for you. At least on 3 of the goals I saw.

Just an outsider, unbiased point of view with zero emotion. I have no stake in this series...
      05-06-2017, 12:30 AM   #239
e90turbos
Private
Canada
Rep

Goaltender interference bs
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2017, 07:57 AM   #240
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Blues stay alive.

Ducks now up 1 after the double OT that I could not stay awake for. Gotta admit, not a fan of west coast games and their late starts.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2017, 08:30 AM   #241
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep

Quote:
Blues stay alive.

Ducks now up 1 after the double OT that I could not stay awake for. Gotta admit, not a fan of west coast games and their late starts.
That's been the best game of the series so far. I thought game was over while it was just under 3 minutes to go but a magical return sealed the deal after the double over time.
It's kinda late to say but I watched NHL Network in which some experts weigh over the goaltender interference claimed by Edmonton Oilers . I thought that should have not allowed but according to the rule, when a goalkeeper is out on the crease or slightly out of the blue line, he looses his supremacy even if his ability to pick the puck was hampered by opponent team player.
      05-06-2017, 03:01 PM   #242
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivarox View Post
I watched NHL Network in which some experts weigh over the goaltender interference claimed by Edmonton Oilers . I thought that should have not allowed but according to the rule, when a goalkeeper is out on the crease or slightly out of the blue line, he looses his supremacy even if his ability to pick the puck was hampered by opponent team player.
I don't know...more I watch it, the more I think Edmonton got robbed. What can you do though, if you're still trying to analyze it days later, you got to let the call on the ice stand.

Here's to hoping Crosby plays tonight
Appreciate 0