New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-08-2021, 03:33 AM   #9769
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
The table next to us was a pilot!!!
Now thats hilarious, Im curious how you'd get that

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25116.50
      07-08-2021, 07:15 AM   #9770
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
He didn’t know what his favorite movie was. How do you not know that??
What would you have done if he answered "Idiocracy" as an honest answer?????
      07-08-2021, 07:41 AM   #9771
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Sara you have an obsession with pilots.
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25116.50
Dang3r12512.00
      07-08-2021, 07:44 AM   #9772
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
And this is why nice guys have a hard time. Sure asking which drink has least sugar is a little OTT, but it's a very sensible thing to be concerned about. Doesn't know what his favourite movie is? Nor do I! It changes with my mood. There are a fair few to choose from, and they can be wildly different, so having just one favourite isn't just difficult, it's verging on closed-minded.

I'm not intending to have a dig at you, Sara; I'm just confused. 'A' caused you enough stress that you were concerned for your health, but this guy who actually didn't put a foot wrong* isn't 'exciting enough'. I simply don't understand the logic.

*Not that you've told us yet.

Sorry for the rant. This is the bit of lady-logic that I just can't wrap my head around.

Meh, there is a difference between being a nice guy and just being boring. I'm a nice guy, but I'm flirty, make jokes, am sarcastic, and definitely know what my favorite movie is. You can be nice and still have a bit of mystery and the ability to form a connection. If there is no connection it is hard for me to be attracted to someone, so I get what Sara is describing.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2021, 07:48 AM   #9773
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
I'm kind of in a similar boat as her I think, and not because I want to date pilots.

The issue is that along with physical attraction we need mental stimulation. People who have the ability to do that for us are usually intelligent and focused individuals. This can sometimes mean we find people who are socially awkward as they have been focused mostly on their work.

I work in Technology, and would say a good 75% of the people I work with are perfectly nice people, but socially awkward. I remember inviting some of them to join a softball league I was in at the time and it was... interesting. There's nothing wrong with that at all, just that it can make finding someone who is a match a bit more difficult.

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2021, 08:15 AM   #9774
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I'm kind of in a similar boat as her I think, and not because I want to date pilots.

The issue is that along with physical attraction we need mental stimulation. People who have the ability to do that for us are usually intelligent and focused individuals. This can sometimes mean we find people who are socially awkward as they have been focused mostly on their work.

I work in Technology, and would say a good 75% of the people I work with are perfectly nice people, but socially awkward. I remember inviting some of them to join a softball league I was in at the time and it was... interesting. There's nothing wrong with that at all, just that it can make finding someone who is a match a bit more difficult.
at same time you are narrowing down your options and possibly missing out on a good match. And not giving the individual fair chance because your stuck on pilot mode.
Appreciate 3
      07-08-2021, 08:24 AM   #9775
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
at same time you are narrowing down your options and possibly missing out on a good match. And not giving the individual fair chance because your stuck on pilot mode.
True, and I can only speak for myself, I'll give anyone I'm initially attracted to a chance, but the personality and connection is what keeps me interested. I don't specifically narrow my options to certain types, such as pilots.

From this thread it seems like Sara might be more likely to frequent airports or aircraft carriers instead of bars.

Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25116.50
upstatedoc7563.50
      07-08-2021, 09:02 AM   #9776
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
And this is why nice guys have a hard time. Sure asking which drink has least sugar is a little OTT, but it's a very sensible thing to be concerned about. Doesn't know what his favourite movie is? Nor do I! It changes with my mood. There are a fair few to choose from, and they can be wildly different, so having just one favourite isn't just difficult, it's verging on closed-minded.

I'm not intending to have a dig at you, Sara; I'm just confused. 'A' caused you enough stress that you were concerned for your health, but this guy who actually didn't put a foot wrong* isn't 'exciting enough'. I simply don't understand the logic.

*Not that you've told us yet.

Sorry for the rant. This is the bit of lady-logic that I just can't wrap my head around.

Meh, there is a difference between being a nice guy and just being boring. I'm a nice guy, but I'm flirty, make jokes, am sarcastic, and definitely know what my favorite movie is. You can be nice and still have a bit of mystery and the ability to form a connection. If there is no connection it is hard for me to be attracted to someone, so I get what Sara is describing.
They had just begun dinner though. Yes, I'm with you on connection, but I feel like this dude was already going to be the odd man out because he wasn't a pilot. Right out of the gate he was trailing. This is what I'm referring to regarding the tendency to sabotage. I would wager if he were a pilot things wouldn't have started off the same. She would have likely given him the benefit of the doubt or at least entertained things a bit longer. That's just my inclination. I mean, the fact that she sniffed out a pilot at another table says a lot. Lol!
Appreciate 1
      07-08-2021, 09:09 AM   #9777
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

When we date via constructs, it's a "date by exclusion" method rather than a "date by inclusion" method. In the former, we seek reasons why we shouldn't date the person in question. It's premature. For all we know, this dude found Sara really attractive and he was nervous. I dunno, it's all supposition (….and breaking down her dating life/woes is kind of fun), but we also recognize patterns. I think we all genuinely want to see her find someone, but we're trying to curtail some of her tendencies.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
      07-08-2021, 09:18 AM   #9778
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
For all we know, this dude found Sara really attractive and he was nervous. I dunno, it's all supposition (….and breaking down her dating life/woes is kind of fun), but we also recognize patterns. I think we all genuinely want to see her find someone, but we're trying to curtail some of her tendencies.
All of this.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25116.50
King Rudi13154.00
      07-08-2021, 09:35 AM   #9779
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
They had just begun dinner though. Yes, I'm with you on connection, but I feel like this dude was already going to be the odd man out because he wasn't a pilot. Right out of the gate he was trailing. This is what I'm referring to regarding the tendency to sabotage. I would wager if he were a pilot things wouldn't have started off the same. She would have likely given him the benefit of the doubt or at least entertained things a bit longer. That's just my inclination. I mean, the fact that she sniffed out a pilot at another table says a lot. Lol!
I'm Sara, fly me.

Women who go after LEO are badge bunnies. I'm usually pretty witty but I haven't been able to come up with a badge bunny equivalent for women who like pilots. Help me out. Whatcha got?
King Rudi13154.00
      07-08-2021, 09:42 AM   #9780
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
I would love to leave a comment....
No one is stopping you.

Quote:
If I do, KingTwat, the Pharaoh of Denials, will lecture me on how to run my life. he he he...

PS: I meant King Tut, the Pharaoh of the Niles.
I can only assume that this directed at me, along with the other posts on other threads done in a very passive aggressive manner. Forgive my lack of a response. I've been on vacation and don't use the app much to get on here.

I'm not sure what you are referring to as denial? I'm not in denial of anything. One can only assume that the denial business is nothing more than a play on words in relation to the "King" aspect of my moniker and denial was the only association you could make to get to use King Twat/The Nile. Good job, I guess.... (As a heads up, I'm not so bold as to call myself King, this name was given to me by one of the members here. I'm more of a pawn that ended up with the crown and doesn't want it.) This leaves me with the conclusion that this was yet another feeble attempt in baiting/taking a jab at me, due to my comment last week. I won't apologize for my comment as I feel it still stands.

As for telling anyone here how to run their life, I think I may have painted the wrong picture here. I do offer suggestions in the way of trying to make people think for themselves, on what best to do in their lives. I genuinely do not try to tell anyone what they need to do, as I don't want anyone telling me what to do with mine.

Jane, I don't want to lecture you on anything. Honestly, when I fist noticed you on here, I thought to myself, "Cool, another lady member who is quick witted, funny and classy. Your subsequent posts have proven otherwise. Another member here recently eluded to your attempts at validation to be transparent....I prefer the term infantile. I won't go down the rabbit hole of your needed online validation, as we all have our mental issues, but I will touch on the manner in which we all have to witness you receiving said validation. Short and sweet, the juvenile methods, expressed in your posts to gain attention from members here, isn't very becoming of someone of your stature.

To go a step further, you never made the comment that you suggested that you would, if I wouldn't tell you how to run your life. This leads me to believe that your post had so substantial content, but was only used as a vessel to get your point across about how upset you are with me.

I'm sorry, but you failed at trying to get under my skin; but you have succeeded in your continuation of displaying tendencies of an immature nature.
Appreciate 1
Joekerr7929.00
      07-08-2021, 09:42 AM   #9781
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go;
I'm Sara, fly me.

Women who go after LEO are badge bunnies. I'm usually pretty witty but I haven't been able to come up with a badge bunny equivalent for women who like pilots. Help me out. Whatcha got?
I totally mean no disrespect to Sara but:
Tarmac tramp
Wing woman
Cockpit cockrider
Flyboy freak

I know, I know...another attempt at funneh FAILED
Appreciate 5
Sedan_Clan25116.50
cmyx6go15762.50
rebekahb3132.50
upstatedoc7563.50
      07-08-2021, 09:43 AM   #9782
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Quote:
I'm Sara, fly me.

Haha! Let's see…..if we're sticking to alliterations: Wing Wifeys, Tarmac Tramp, Pilot Peacocks….
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15762.50
      07-08-2021, 09:47 AM   #9783
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG-inFlaNow View Post
I totally mean no disrespect to Sara but:
Tarmac tramp
Wing woman
Cockpit cockrider
Flyboy freak

I know, I know...another attempt at funneh FAILED
You done good this time.

So far, flyboy freak is the winner. It is descriptive without being mean.
Dang3r12512.00
      07-08-2021, 10:13 AM   #9784
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i and R1200RT bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
So far, flyboy freak is the winner. It is descriptive without being mean.
My last three official dates were with the same LEO Pilot. Any descriptive for that?

Steel helmet on.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25116.50
      07-08-2021, 10:19 AM   #9785
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
My last three official dates were with the same LEO Pilot. Any descriptive for that?

Steel helmet on.
Stable? I don't think it requires one. We're busting on Sara for only going after pilots.
Sedan_Clan25116.50
      07-08-2021, 12:12 PM   #9786
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

@King Rudi

🎤 drop
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go15762.50
Joekerr7929.00
King Rudi13154.00
      07-08-2021, 12:32 PM   #9787
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
No one is stopping you.

I can only assume that this directed at me, along with the other posts on other threads done in a very passive aggressive manner. Forgive my lack of a response. I've been on vacation and don't use the app much to get on here.

I'm not sure what you are referring to as denial? I'm not in denial of anything. One can only assume that the denial business is nothing more than a play on words in relation to the "King" aspect of my moniker and denial was the only association you could make to get to use King Twat/The Nile. Good job, I guess.... (As a heads up, I'm not so bold as to call myself King, this name was given to me by one of the members here. I'm more of a pawn that ended up with the crown and doesn't want it.) This leaves me with the conclusion that this was yet another feeble attempt in baiting/taking a jab at me, due to my comment last week. I won't apologize for my comment as I feel it still stands.

As for telling anyone here how to run their life, I think I may have painted the wrong picture here. I do offer suggestions in the way of trying to make people think for themselves, on what best to do in their lives. I genuinely do not try to tell anyone what they need to do, as I don't want anyone telling me what to do with mine.

Jane, I don't want to lecture you on anything. Honestly, when I fist noticed you on here, I thought to myself, "Cool, another lady member who is quick witted, funny and classy. Your subsequent posts have proven otherwise. Another member here recently eluded to your attempts at validation to be transparent....I prefer the term infantile. I won't go down the rabbit hole of your needed online validation, as we all have our mental issues, but I will touch on the manner in which we all have to witness you receiving said validation. Short and sweet, the juvenile methods, expressed in your posts to gain attention from members here, isn't very becoming of someone of your stature.

To go a step further, you never made the comment that you suggested that you would, if I wouldn't tell you how to run your life. This leads me to believe that your post had so substantial content, but was only used as a vessel to get your point across about how upset you are with me.

I'm sorry, but you failed at trying to get under my skin; but you have succeeded in your continuation of displaying tendencies of an immature nature.

Well said. Lady Jane seems to seek some sort of validation, perhaps her parents didn't give her this being in the military, perhaps it is her job where patients just complain, or perhaps it is another reason, but her attempts are tiresome, juvenile, empty and annoying.

I think I might have one person on my ignore list, but if she keeps it up, I will be adding her as well so I no longer have to see her contributions, such as they are as I will not be missing anything.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      07-08-2021, 12:34 PM   #9788
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
@King Rudi

�� drop

Just doing what a King Twat does.

I felt that it needed to be said. According to the number of PM's I've received today, I'm not alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Well said. Lady Jane seems to seek some sort of validation, perhaps her parents didn't give her this being in the military, perhaps it is her job where patients just complain, or perhaps it is another reason, but her attempts are tiresome, juvenile, empty and annoying.

I think I might have one person on my ignore list, but if she keeps it up, I will be adding her as well so I no longer have to see her contributions, such as they are as I will not be missing anything.
I have seriously considered the ignore button as well. I always thought I would need to use it over a stalkerish person or someone just causing problems. Never thought I would use it just to not see someone's posts.

Furthermore, grown men do not like being flirted with by a woman in her 40's who acts like an adolescent. Not the type of behavior that attracts men....unless the man is a kiddy feeler. If I were perusing a female that used "he, he, he" in a text, I would never return the text. Eight year old children, even try to act like they are older than their given age. I find it disturbing that a grown, mature woman acts like a child to garner attention.

Cue the passive aggressive pictures and shitty comments. Having a target on my back, for stating what everyone else thinks, is nothing new to me.

Last edited by King Rudi; 07-08-2021 at 12:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2021, 01:09 PM   #9789
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
there should be BP Deathmatch...

Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
Alfisti6502.50
upstatedoc7563.50
      07-08-2021, 01:18 PM   #9790
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
there should be BP Deathmatch...

[IMG]https://media1.giphy.com/media/adikIKGu30u6A/200.gif[/IMG]
Verbal fisticuffs to the death!

Seriously, I don't wish anyone anything but sincerity and good vibes. Some people are overly annoying and don't realize that other people being kind, isn't a green light to continue with the behavior. Sometimes it requires someone being a twat for the other party to realize they should stop being an idiot.

There are other females on here that have garnered respect from most everyone, that did not need to resort to this type of 1930's Mae West buffoonery. I've already said more about this topic than what I would have liked. Let's move on get back to dating topics.

Not sure where we are with the Gilligan's Isle topic, but put me down for the director please.
Appreciate 1
nyalpine907433.00