New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-02-2021, 02:46 PM   #7789
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
I forgot to add: "Must have a sense of adventure and able to keep-up."
This is where I seem to struggle. The current girlfriend is awesome. She does a great job of keeping up with me. Those before her, not so much. I'm 44 now, but have always been a wild child. I can recall hearing friends of ex-wives and ex-girlfriends comment about me with remarks like, he looks dangerous....in a good way. I'm extremely spontaneous and have very little fear of anything. Good and bad associated with this type of mentality. This also keeps potential significant other candidates limited. I scare the squares.
How has that been going? I know there was a rough patch a month or so back.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      02-02-2021, 02:49 PM   #7790
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
No, I don't have them on. I'm in and out of talking to people all day with work so even if I got notifications it doesn't mean I can view them right away.
Got it.

I only get notified for PMs.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 03:00 PM   #7791
BMWGUYinCO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 M850 Convertible '23 X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Here is the current GF. Masked so I don't feel bad.

And down.
Frick - I keep missing all your pictures by minutes!
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50
      02-02-2021, 03:10 PM   #7792
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
How has that been going? I know there was a rough patch a month or so back.
It's been going great! Thank you for asking. We had a very long, serious discussion about 6 weeks ago. Before, if I discussed how I felt about our relationship, she would take offense to what I was saying versus simply trying to empathize and put herself in my shoes. I finally got through to her and switched the mindset from "He's upset with me and I can't do anything right" to "Oh shit, it's the little things I'm not doing that make him feel unwanted." Once the lightbulb was engaged above her head, everything changed. She now keeps me informed of where she is, what she's doing, etc. and genuinely makes the effort to manage time a little better. Also the communication has improved greatly, between both of us. We have been together almost 5 years now and I think we are the best we have been so far.....I also feel like this is a testament to her resolve. You and others on here have seen my posts, I'm not the easiest person to be with; but I like to think that I make the effort worth it.
Appreciate 5
Sara5791.00
rebekahb3132.50
cmyx6go15761.00
      02-02-2021, 03:21 PM   #7793
BMWGUYinCO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 M850 Convertible '23 X3 M40

Quote:
How the heck does that work? I briefly saw a picture of a girl with a mask then nothing...
LOL - he's been posting pictures, which I miss because I get caught up in a meeting, then he deletes them before I return to the thread so I haven't seen a single one.

He's a tease.
Appreciate 3
Lady Jane70861.50
MKSixer34184.50
rebekahb3132.50
      02-02-2021, 04:15 PM   #7794
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Well for me, that's never going to happen. I'm never going to just be at a bar by myself, so sitting next to someone attractive and striking up a good conversation isn't realistic. I have to rely on the dating apps. I'm never just going to bump into someone randomly that I'm going to like lol.

I had a guy ask me out in the grocery store frozen food isle 3 months ago. Said he'd noticed me around the store a few times that night. He was decent looking, but that fact that he approached me like that (and had his poor kid in tow) made his attractiveness drop to a 2 in my book and that's just a no from me.
Alright, w/o knowing you personal and further as read here, I would judge you as superficial and please dont take this as an offense...we could shoot this out onto a range on your choice to my expenses as long we both coming with Glocks
Whats bringing me to this is your pov to the real life v/s keep hidden behind apps at any cost unless curiousity kills the cat, so to speak. You're swiping your way through good or bad looking persons and you havent obviously no intense to get to know someone who didnt meet your optical minimums. If thats working for you, fine, make your way on, but I would say that you miss more than you would know.
I was never the big talker and had my hopes that some female finds my person interesting enough to come up and start a conversation. This habit had cost me probably lots of dates and it hasnt cured my shyness just to walk over and give it a try.
Meanwhile Im confident and keen enough to count in some failures for the priceless experience to meet people direct in person without any urges. When this leads later to the one or other more or less nice night or a relationship, well, thats life.
For me Id decided that lifes' too short to keep relying onto social media, apps or fake friends. Plus with 6'4" Im too tall for you anyway

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 04:27 PM   #7795
Megabrode
He's experimenting with something...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

I have not read 355 pages of this thread. I'm just lobbing in a dating story, which may require some background...

I will be 75 years of age in 11 days. I married twice. First marriage ended after five years when I found my wife in bed with her boss. A period of dating followed -- though my circle didn't "date" per se in Berkeley in the 70s. We just paired off. Second marriage lasted 42 years, produced three sons, and ended three years ago when my wife died. It was cancer. I quit my job and moved to a new city.

After a year I started online dating. First day on any site, a widow contacted me. Avant guarde artist, articulate, smart, beautiful, very open. My type. We resonated, or so I thought. We met several times. Then she said, "We want different things." What I wanted was probably way too obvious. She ended it.

I decided to lose weight, ultimately 75 lbs. My daughter-in-law helped me choose some hip clothes that actually fit. I continued dating via multiple sites, meeting maybe 40 women over two years. Almost all were one and done (coffee or drink, that is). A few I met several times. Three or four got more serious, more physical. All, from my perspective (warped in part by grief over my dead wife), had at least one fatal flaw -- whether inability to ask a question, totally incompatible world view, or STD. I ended all of them, nicely. But I guess I left a few pissed-off women, some of whom warned their friends about me, limiting the dating pool in this town. When the pandemic hit, further shrinking the possibilities, I grew discouraged and quit all the apps.

Still, that two-year process left me with renewed confidence, patience, and a clear sense of what I wanted -- in short, much more than physical attraction.

Last fall, from time to time I would think, "I wish I'd met Ms. Avant Guarde two years later." Maybe I wouldn't have been so pushy, at the same time so unsure of myself.

Then, on December 26, I'm driving my M3 aimlessly in the hills outside town. I stop to look at the river. I get a text. Ms. Avant Garde says, "I thought of you and am surprised we have not run into each other." Etc. Yes, this relationship rose from the dead. With time together, she's confirmed my initial impressions, and I've yet to see a fatal flaw. Let's hope she doesn't find the several lurking in me. Where is it going? Hard to say. But I expect it to get there relatively soon. We've both been Pfizered. Second shot in two weeks.

Lately I feel like that Fedex guy in the final scene of "Cast Away." Maybe my favorite movie.
Analog 2011 e92 M3 | Jerez Black | Black Novillo | 6MT | CF roof | No iDrive, Nav, M button, ZCP, EDC, or center hump | ZHP shift knob | OMP 1010 pedals | K&N filter | Dinan engine tune | OEM exhaust mod (bypass) | EAS exhaust tips | shaved front bumper | 19" Apex EC-7 | 12 mm rear spacers
Appreciate 12
MKSixer34184.50
JP102465.00
BMWGUYinCO4122.50
Mosaud19983940.50
King Rudi13154.00
nyalpine907433.00
cmyx6go15761.00
Dang3r12512.00
      02-02-2021, 04:40 PM   #7796
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGUYinCO View Post
LOL - he's been posting pictures, which I miss because I get caught up in a meeting, then he deletes them before I return to the thread so I haven't seen a single one.

He's a tease.
I'm the posting Ninja.

rebekahb, when you both respond to this, I will post another.

And Lady Jane
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 04:52 PM   #7797
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Me too....but I bet I miss that one too. Oh well! I shouldn't be so nosy anyhow
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 05:02 PM   #7798
Mein11
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911, Chevy Colorado

We used to have member video screenings back in the day and y'all getting fussy about pictures.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 05:07 PM   #7799
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mein11 View Post
We used to have member video screenings back in the day and y'all getting fussy about pictures.
LMFAO I remember those!! The true OGs
Appreciate 2
BMWGUYinCO4122.50
MKSixer34184.50
      02-02-2021, 06:40 PM   #7800
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
I had a few spills. Mostly motocross. Ate a lot of dirt and mud. But I also did a few [unsafe] stunts on my street bikes like wheelies and stoppies. There might have been some speeding involved. I just loved those German autobahns.

And that's how I got labeled with the moniker "Squidgirl" every time I attended a rally. That was dog years ago. Pretty hard to do wheelies with a fully loaded touring bike these days.

Attachment 2519939
I haven’t quite graduated to touring bike yet, don’t know if I will. Still riding sport street bikes, but it’s a great compliment to the track car when you can also track a motorcycle. So exhilarating.

Had some major spills on dirtbikes and quads, broken some bones, like say, my back
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34184.50
Lady Jane70861.50
      02-02-2021, 06:47 PM   #7801
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
LMFAO I remember those!! The true OGs
That's reaching back. It was the wild wild west back then. The ban hammer fell without reservation!!

LOL!!

There were some EPIC threads back then. Remember "The Doll Thread"?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 06:52 PM   #7802
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
That's reaching back. It was the wild wild west back then. The ban hammer fell without reservation!!

LOL!!

There were some EPIC threads back then. Remember "The Doll Thread"?
The good ole days. We had good times here in OT.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50
      02-02-2021, 06:59 PM   #7803
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep

Le sad, I missed the good stuff.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 07:12 PM   #7804
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Alright, w/o knowing you personal and further as read here, I would judge you as superficial and please dont take this as an offense...we could shoot this out onto a range on your choice to my expenses as long we both coming with Glocks
Whats bringing me to this is your pov to the real life v/s keep hidden behind apps at any cost unless curiousity kills the cat, so to speak. You're swiping your way through good or bad looking persons and you havent obviously no intense to get to know someone who didnt meet your optical minimums. If thats working for you, fine, make your way on, but I would say that you miss more than you would know.
I was never the big talker and had my hopes that some female finds my person interesting enough to come up and start a conversation. This habit had cost me probably lots of dates and it hasnt cured my shyness just to walk over and give it a try.
Meanwhile Im confident and keen enough to count in some failures for the priceless experience to meet people direct in person without any urges. When this leads later to the one or other more or less nice night or a relationship, well, thats life.
For me Id decided that lifes' too short to keep relying onto social media, apps or fake friends. Plus with 6'4" Im too tall for you anyway
Of course I'm superficial. Isn't everyone on those apps? You're solely judging to connect with someone by their photos.

I have actually went on a few dates with a guy I normally would have never swiped right on. He had a hat and sunglasses on in his profile picture. Naturally an automatic left swipe from me. If I can't see your face, then what's the point of trying to hold a conversation Luckily, he happened to have my favorite breed of dog in his profile picture and he turned out to be a decent guy.

Also, 6'4" isn't too tall. My last boyfriend was 6'4"
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Dang3r12512.00
      02-02-2021, 07:14 PM   #7805
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Still in the middle of a wicked storm. So my date tonight is a good book, a nice Shiraz and a bag of storm chips. I'm already in my flannel PJs.

Night all!
XO
Stay warm!
Appreciate 2
Lady Jane70861.50
MKSixer34184.50
      02-02-2021, 07:16 PM   #7806
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Wait, with a join date of 2020, who are you?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 07:19 PM   #7807
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Of course I'm superficial. Isn't everyone on those apps? You're solely judging to connect with someone by their photos.

I have actually went on a few dates with a guy I normally would have never swiped right on. He had a hat and sunglasses on in his profile picture. Naturally an automatic left swipe from me. If I can't see your face, then what's the point of trying to hold a conversation Luckily, he happened to have my favorite breed of dog in his profile picture and he turned out to be a decent guy.

Also, 6'4" isn't too tall. My last boyfriend was 6'4"
German shorthair?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 07:26 PM   #7808
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabrode View Post
I have not read 355 pages of this thread. I'm just lobbing in a dating story, which may require some background...

I will be 75 years of age in 11 days. I married twice. First marriage ended after five years when I found my wife in bed with her boss. A period of dating followed -- though my circle didn't "date" per se in Berkeley in the 70s. We just paired off. Second marriage lasted 42 years, produced three sons, and ended three years ago when my wife died. It was cancer. I quit my job and moved to a new city.

After a year I started online dating. First day on any site, a widow contacted me. Avant guarde artist, articulate, smart, beautiful, very open. My type. We resonated, or so I thought. We met several times. Then she said, "We want different things." What I wanted was probably way too obvious. She ended it.

I decided to lose weight, ultimately 75 lbs. My daughter-in-law helped me choose some hip clothes that actually fit. I continued dating via multiple sites, meeting maybe 40 women over two years. Almost all were one and done (coffee or drink, that is). A few I met several times. Three or four got more serious, more physical. All, from my perspective (warped in part by grief over my dead wife), had at least one fatal flaw -- whether inability to ask a question, totally incompatible world view, or STD. I ended all of them, nicely. But I guess I left a few pissed-off women, some of whom warned their friends about me, limiting the dating pool in this town. When the pandemic hit, further shrinking the possibilities, I grew discouraged and quit all the apps.

Still, that two-year process left me with renewed confidence, patience, and a clear sense of what I wanted -- in short, much more than physical attraction.

Last fall, from time to time I would think, "I wish I'd met Ms. Avant Guarde two years later." Maybe I wouldn't have been so pushy, at the same time so unsure of myself.

Then, on December 26, I'm driving my M3 aimlessly in the hills outside town. I stop to look at the river. I get a text. Ms. Avant Garde says, "I thought of you and am surprised we have not run into each other." Etc. Yes, this relationship rose from the dead. With time together, she's confirmed my initial impressions, and I've yet to see a fatal flaw. Let's hope she doesn't find the several lurking in me. Where is it going? Hard to say. But I expect it to get there relatively soon. We've both been Pfizered. Second shot in two weeks.

Lately I feel like that Fedex guy in the final scene of "Cast Away." Maybe my favorite movie.
You sir are my idol! Hats off to you.
I give you so much credit for adapting to current times. I can’t and won’t. I don’t get why people can’t meet people the old fashioned way. In person! I don’t get the texting instead of talking and the online swipe instead of meeting people while going about your life. Maybe this belongs in the You know you’re old when thread. I will not do online dating profile.

Good luck to you!

Last edited by cmyx6go; 02-03-2021 at 07:00 AM..
Appreciate 5
P111572.00
vreihen1615278.50
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34184.50
Dang3r12512.00
      02-02-2021, 07:36 PM   #7809
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabrode View Post

Wishing you the best of luck with her!
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50
      02-02-2021, 07:40 PM   #7810
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
German shorthair?
Best breed ever.