New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

01-22-2022, 04:37 PM   #23
TodmordenLad
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakystyly View Post
Agreed with Mazda being a favourite. I miss my O.G. Mazda3 sometimes.
Re: your 440i road noise likely was the runflats fault. My 240i is quieter than a lot of cars I've been in.

How does the rear torsion beam suspension hold up? is it noticeable?
I cant tell the rear suspension isnt multi-link to be honest, it's composed in corners and on rough roads. I think you'd really have to push the car to tell what's between the rear wheels, which I haven't as its my daily driver - and its certainly no track car
      01-22-2022, 04:39 PM   #24
TodmordenLad
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Todmorden, I've driven by recently!

So how's the rear quarter visibility? Every time I see those 3s, I wonder if you can see a thing from it. But it looks nice indeed.
Rear quarter visiblity is pretty awful! Fortunately, it has rear sensors and a rear parking camera too.
      01-22-2022, 04:53 PM   #25
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

I'm not familiar w the Mazda lineup save for the MX-5 but those CXs look pretty nice for a ppl mover.

I've stated this a few times in this forum, but when I had my RSX, the only thing that broke was the OEM third party stereo! That thing was BULLETPROOF - vs my present car which has had several headaches once in a while (electrical gremlins, leaky gaskets, etc). Japanese reliability is extremely hard to beat.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2022, 05:00 PM   #26
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

I always recommend Mazda to people who want Audi/BMW quality at Honda price.

I lease every three years and can make that work because of business. But my choice in cars depends on my annual incentive bonus. Last January I was shopping for a Mazda 3 Hatchback 2.5 Turbo and a VW GTI--because of the pandemic I thought for sure I wouldn't get enough to justify a BMW or another Audi. I was wrong, and had just enough time to order the BMW before I had to turn in my S4. At the time, I was a little bummed thinking of going from a sweet Audi to a Mazda but they are giving Audi a run for the money on the interior and fit and finish. I may be in one in about two years, and that would be OK. There are worse things that could happen. But if it all goes well, maybe a nice M440i GC in Sunset Orange. We'll see.
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2022, 04:00 AM   #27
TodmordenLad
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
I'm not familiar w the Mazda lineup save for the MX-5 but those CXs look pretty nice for a ppl mover.

I've stated this a few times in this forum, but when I had my RSX, the only thing that broke was the OEM third party stereo! That thing was BULLETPROOF - vs my present car which has had several headaches once in a while (electrical gremlins, leaky gaskets, etc). Japanese reliability is extremely hard to beat.
Yes, they are the most reliable, period. The top eight of the most reliable car brands in the UK last year were Japanese and Korean. That said, I never had any mechanical problems with any of my six BMWs, only electrical faults resolved under warranty. Worth qualifying by adding that I never did more than 40,000 miles in any of them and that four of the six were diesel engined. A thumbs up from me however for BMW reliability