New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Watches

02-04-2019, 11:55 PM   #45
BM dnobagaV
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 528i

Generic, but that's just me.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 05:20 PM   #46
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Damn, I haven't been in a Rolex AD in a couple years since I got my Submariner 14060m some years back. Just out of curiosity I'll have to pop in my nearest one and see what they have and don't have.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 05:58 PM   #47
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

i honestly thought that by now you'd see SS Rolex models in more places... i was wrong.... glad I got mine in December at msrp lol
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2019, 10:55 PM   #48
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
visited 3 of the main stores midtown Manhattan about 2 months ago and they didn't have any. One wouldn't even take my name down, another acted all weird and finally the 3rd one put my name down (this is Wempe on 53rd and 5th). About 2-3 weeks later, they called me to come leave a deposit and about 2 weeks after, they had my watch. This is for the Sub 116610LN

Gruppe M CAI / Euro Headers / Rogue Engineering X-pipe / RE Diablo Exhaust
Appreciate 4
wrickem2101.00
aracka60.00
TSM330i873.50
      05-10-2019, 03:47 PM   #49
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

I've changed up what I wanted to get due to the pricing of the used double reds.

I traded in my red 1680 (prices have softened a bit) and will have a black face Daytona this month.

I've known my AD for over 10 years now and this will be my fifth new Rolex from him. He said that they had just finished the update that Rolex requested for their showroom and they're going to have to reconfigure the display cases to have less watches on display. Everything in the display is either two-tone, gold or platinum.
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2019, 07:16 PM   #50
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Have the new watches hit the AD's yet?
If Rolex want's the kill the mark ups, then make more watches!!

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 08:30 AM   #51
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Have the new watches hit the AD's yet?
If Rolex want's the kill the mark ups, then make more watches!!

they have.

the new Batman is going for 20k+ in the secondary market right now

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 2
      06-10-2019, 07:47 PM   #52
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
they have.

the new Batman is going for 20k+ in the secondary market right now

Rolex needs to make more watches or increase the price on these models!!
WOW. Just shocked.
Thanks for the heads up.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2019, 06:45 AM   #53
TSM330i
United_States
Rep

I was able to pick this up about a month ago.
Like I've said, I have a very good relationship with my AD that's been built over a long time, plus other purchases that are at least the equivalent of what my five Rolex purchases are.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
ASAP9969.50
      06-11-2019, 09:13 AM   #54
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Rolex needs to make more watches or increase the price on these models!!
WOW. Just shocked.
Thanks for the heads up.
increasing the price wouldnt do anything other than piss off their customers.

the secondary market would correct for the msrp price increase.

I do agree they need to get rid of this artificial shortage and just push the watches out to the masses, but this is what they want. They want watches that not everyone has.

Appreciate 1
      06-11-2019, 11:13 AM   #55
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
increasing the price wouldnt do anything other than piss off their customers.

the secondary market would correct for the msrp price increase.

I do agree they need to get rid of this artificial shortage and just push the watches out to the masses, but this is what they want. They want watches that not everyone has.
I'm sure they do but they also don't want the crazy grey market.
It's like Porsche and the 911 GT3/RS. Porsche hates the mark-up, but doesn't build enough cars to come anywhere close to what the demand is.

Thanks for all the updates on what the market is on these watches. It's crazy!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2019, 02:11 PM   #56
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I'm sure they do but they also don't want the crazy grey market.
It's like Porsche and the 911 GT3/RS. Porsche hates the mark-up, but doesn't build enough cars to come anywhere close to what the demand is.

Thanks for all the updates on what the market is on these watches. It's crazy!
Rolex doesnt want any grey market, which is why they are cracking down on ADs that sell to grey market dealers and flippers.

Appreciate 1
aus886.50
      06-11-2019, 07:56 PM   #57
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Rolex doesnt want any grey market, which is why they are cracking down on ADs that sell to grey market dealers and flippers.
I see, but why would an AD sell to a grey market dealer when they have a long list of buyers? They must be buying above MSRP?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2019, 08:49 AM   #58
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I see, but why would an AD sell to a grey market dealer when they have a long list of buyers? They must be buying above MSRP?
A couple reasons that ive seen.

The flipper/GM dealer will buy several of the none moving watches as well as the sought after models.

the AD or just the sales guy gets a kickback of profits

They will pay a premium to get the watch. ADs cant sell for over MSRP and its the quickest way to get their AD status pulled. However, you will see some selling accessories or other small items for a high cost. So you get the Sub C for 8750 (or whatever MSRP is now) and then a set of $5 earrings for $500.

Also, some ADs wont take waiting list names. So when they get one in, its first repeat customer that comes in gets it. The flippers buy enough to develop a good relationship with the AD and can get that preferential treatment.

Appreciate 3
aus886.50
      06-12-2019, 11:55 AM   #59
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Anyone having a hard time finding a SS Rolex you might want to try the Rolex Forum. I’ve been a member there for about 9 years when I started shopping for my Submariner and they have reputable sellers who move a lot of pieces of used and new Rolexes.
https://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2019, 02:11 PM   #60
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Anyone having a hard time finding a SS Rolex you might want to try the Rolex Forum. I’ve been a member there for about 9 years when I started shopping for my Submariner and they have reputable sellers who move a lot of pieces of used and new Rolexes.
https://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9
https://www.watchrecon.com/ even better. it searches across all the forum and marketplaces.

finding SS Sport Models isnt the issue. You can find a handful of each model for sale at any given time online. Finding them at MSRP is the issue.

Appreciate 2
GrussGott18113.00
      06-12-2019, 02:46 PM   #61
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

^exactly. the rolex forum is just filled with a bunch of watches marked up at stupid high prices.
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2019, 01:00 PM   #62
TSM330i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
https://www.watchrecon.com/ even better. it searches across all the forum and marketplaces.

finding SS Sport Models isnt the issue. You can find a handful of each model for sale at any given time online. Finding them at MSRP is the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake View Post
^exactly. the rolex forum is just filled with a bunch of watches marked up at stupid high prices.
www.watchrecon.com is my go-to website for watch searches.

TRF has pricing that is similar to most other forums. Remember, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay, plus, you have to "buy the seller" so reputation and references are critical.

A few months ago, I was selling a BNIB white dial Daytona, when dealers on TRF had advertised similar watches for $21K. I undercut them and advertised for $19,500. I didn't get a single bite. I ended up selling it to a dealer in London for $17,500.
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2019, 10:02 AM   #63
openwheelracing
Captain
Rep
Drives: 5 different 3 Series

Plenty of stock available. Either you are not an important client or doesn't know where to look.

Vintage GMTs are plentiful too but at premium prices I don't understand. Tons of those out there.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 11:41 PM   #64
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Not everyone gets to be important to an AD.
My buddy gets watches from an AD for 5-6 guys. I've bought 3 Panerai's and a 43mm Sea Dweller, and he got 4-5 GMT/Sub's for his other friends and he bought a Patek himself from the AD, and he still can't get a SS Daytona a year later... or a Batman for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 04:08 PM   #65
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelracing View Post
Plenty of stock available. Either you are not an important client or doesn't know where to look.

Vintage GMTs are plentiful too but at premium prices I don't understand. Tons of those out there.
if you can get them at MSRP...

Ill take 2 116500 white dial, 1 216710BLNR and 1 116500 black dial

Appreciate 1
      06-17-2019, 05:19 PM   #66
TSM330i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelracing View Post

Where are the plentiful? New SS Sport models is what we're referring to, not vintage GMTs that you can buy anywhere. GMTs, Subs, Daytona's - brand new 2019 models (yes, I want to be perfectly clear because you brought up vintage GMTs).

I'm calling BS on the new SS Sport models. I'm on TRF every day and there are endless threads of people looking for SS Sport models.

I am on the preferred list and got a SS Daytona about 9 weeks after I told my AD I wanted one. This took me 10 years to build this relationship with my AD along with plenty of money being spent.

I'd like to pick up another Hulk for a friend of mine - at MSRP, so show me the way and I'll purchase it on the spot.
Appreciate 0