New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Watches

07-27-2018, 03:31 PM   #23
GregM4
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: VERDE ERMES G82 M4 Xdrive

Mine is insured as an itemised item on my home content policy. Not sure about the USA, but in AUS it is only covered inside the house for theft etc. It is not covered while wearing outside if you are robbed. I priced that and it was super expensive, like $1,000 extra per year. This was for a $40,000 Patek.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2018, 12:39 PM   #24
BMV///M3
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW f80 M3

Jewelers mutual. About $120ish a year for my DateJust
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2020, 12:55 AM   #25
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin fed View Post
I was just curious if anyone here insures their watches? I have a nice collection but only 3 that I would consider insuring. I have some of my wife's jewelry insured through our homeowners policy. I could just add it to that I guess. Or is there any watch specific insurers out there? And if you do insure a watch what do you pay, if you don't mind stating?
Sorry to bring back a post from 2018..

I have 2 of my watches and my wife's rocks insured through "Gemshield" I believe it cost $850 for the year. Reason was multiple travels to Europe. Don't know If i would do it again. Building a home now that will be secure enough.
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 12:27 PM   #26
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Haven't had to insure a watch yet, but Jewelers Mutual has been awesome for earrings, rings, etc. that each cost about as much to replace as what Daytonas are going for currently.

No way I would add jewelry to a home owner policy. If I ever have to collect on it I'd rather not risk raising premiums on a completely seperate/fixed asset.
Appreciate 1
gqgambler713.00
      04-12-2020, 08:19 PM   #27
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Mine are insured through State Farm personal articles coverage. It was actually slightly cheaper than Jewelers Mutual. That’s probably because I have a umbrella policy.
Appreciate 2
gqgambler713.00
      07-13-2020, 12:01 AM   #28
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin fed View Post
I was just curious if anyone here insures their watches? I have a nice collection but only 3 that I would consider insuring. I have some of my wife's jewelry insured through our homeowners policy. I could just add it to that I guess. Or is there any watch specific insurers out there? And if you do insure a watch what do you pay, if you don't mind stating?
Insured my 3 watches, wife's ring, and wedding band through Gemsheild. I forget the deductible and details.. but it was $990 for 1 year. I only did it because we were getting married and honeymooning in Europe. I know that you're far more likely to have it taken off of your hand in broad day light there. I don't see myself paying it again this year.
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 1
twin fed1175.50
      07-22-2020, 07:05 PM   #29
XKxRome0ox
e90noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreAudi View Post
I do it through my homeowner's insurance. It's $6/month for an appraised 15k.
who is your HO insurance with?
Does it just pay out the full appraised value? replacement value?

Production date - 2008-04-22
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 08:52 AM   #30
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast & Furious

Insure expensive items on a separate personal articles insurance policy. We have all watches and wife's jeweler on the same policy and just add or subtract items as needed. Yearly premium is paid. Avoid your homeowner policy, because if you file a claim for lost or stolen item then it goes against your homeowners policy which isn't a good look and can increase your rate when truly nothing happened to your home. Also no need to raise the value of covered items for your home in the event of a catastrophe; typical homeowner policy will have a max dollar amount for covered items in the home, put an expensive engagement ring, earrings, and watches on it and you've eaten up a good chuck of the value for covered items.
      10-09-2020, 08:57 AM   #31
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCHP View Post
Insured my 3 watches, wife's ring, and wedding band through Gemsheild. I forget the deductible and details.. but it was $990 for 1 year. I only did it because we were getting married and honeymooning in Europe. I know that you're far more likely to have it taken off of your hand in broad day light there. I don't see myself paying it again this year.
I have more insured for less with my insurance company, State Farm. Check with yours.
FSHNGRY2299.00
      10-09-2020, 08:59 AM   #32
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
Mine are insured through State Farm personal articles coverage. It was actually slightly cheaper than Jewelers Mutual. That’s probably because I have a umbrella policy.
That's what I did with state farm. Still a good rate without the umbrella policy.
FSHNGRY2299.00