BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Changing the height of the trunk

06-03-2020, 06:35 AM   #1
Kuba
Rep
Drives: G31 540ix

Changing the height of the trunk

Hello,

I ordered a new X7 40d. When I tested the X7 before ordering, I discovered a small problem. When opening the boot lid, even in the second lowest position (in the IDrive menu settings), the lid hits the garage door. However, my garage door is 1.95 m high. In the lowest setting position, however, access to the trunk is unusable.

My first question is, did anyone encode the preset heights of the trunk lid? I need to move the second position a little lower. I use the Bimmercode application. Can this be found in expert mode?

The second question is, can the start-stop system be switched off for a mild-hybrid system? Alternatively, switching off the engine while driving? I know that the start-stop deactivation button is no longer in the car

Thank you very much for all the knowledge and advice
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 05:41 AM   #2
Kuba
Rep

Does anyone really know?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 06:57 AM   #3
GeniusAdam
BMW Genius
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba View Post
Hello,

I ordered a new X7 40d. When I tested the X7 before ordering, I discovered a small problem. When opening the boot lid, even in the second lowest position (in the IDrive menu settings), the lid hits the garage door. However, my garage door is 1.95 m high. In the lowest setting position, however, access to the trunk is unusable.

My first question is, did anyone encode the preset heights of the trunk lid? I need to move the second position a little lower. I use the Bimmercode application. Can this be found in expert mode?

The second question is, can the start-stop system be switched off for a mild-hybrid system? Alternatively, switching off the engine while driving? I know that the start-stop deactivation button is no longer in the car

Short answer to the second question is NO. With the mild-hybrid technology there is no start-stop deactivation available. Car needs to be able to turn off the engine during the coasting mode. Maybe Sport mode will deactivate it, not sure.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 07:33 AM   #4
TaytoX7
Private
Rep
Drives: X7 Xdrive40i M Sport

Does this not work for presetting the tailgate opening?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 03:28 PM   #5
2020bmwx7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw x7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaytoX7 View Post
What TaytoX7 said above... I was able to set the height of the trunk opening so it doesn't hit my garage door. Another thing you can do is lower your X7 prior to opening it as a workaround?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 07:58 PM   #6
adamjs83
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5, 2020 X7

Garage List
2020 X7  [0.00]
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusAdam View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba View Post
Hello,

Short answer to the second question is NO. With the mild-hybrid technology there is no start-stop deactivation available. Car needs to be able to turn off the engine during the coasting mode. Maybe Sport mode will deactivate it, not sure.
I thought the mild hybrid was only coming for 21.
2019 BMW X5 xdrive40i Mineral White
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 04:33 AM   #7
GeniusAdam
BMW Genius
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjs83 View Post
I thought the mild hybrid was only coming for 21.
40d should be now only available as MHEV - doesn´t matter if G20/G30/G05/G07 etc.

There was no 40d without MHEV for G07
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 03:20 AM   #8
Kuba
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaytoX7 View Post
These are just the preset levels. Unfortunately, stage 1 is too low to load and stage two is already hitting the garage door. Therefore, I would need to adjust the opening height of stage two
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 03:24 AM   #9
Kuba
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusAdam View Post
Thanks for the reply, I also feel that the sports mode should deactivate the start-stop. I only hoped that it would be deactivated in comfort mode through coding
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2024, 01:28 PM   #10
X7orGLS
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mercedes GLS 450 and Audi Q7

Hi, I’m replying to an old post to see if a solution was found ? I just got a new 2024 X7 and also have the problem where the tailgate isn’t accessible if I set it to opening 1 and height 2 hits the top of garage door. I’m surprised there’s such a big difference in the opening between 1 & 2. I’d like to reset height two to be just a bit lower. Does anyone know if this can be recoded? My car salesman didn’t think so but I’m not sure if he really looked into it thoroughly. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2024, 09:44 PM   #11
Photographer918
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5, Tundra, Telluride

Quote:
Originally Posted by X7orGLS View Post
Hi, I’m replying to an old post to see if a solution was found ? I just got a new 2024 X7 and also have the problem where the tailgate isn’t accessible if I set it to opening 1 and height 2 hits the top of garage door. I’m surprised there’s such a big difference in the opening between 1 & 2. I’d like to reset height two to be just a bit lower. Does anyone know if this can be recoded? My car salesman didn’t think so but I’m not sure if he really looked into it thoroughly. Thanks!
Is your garage big enough for you to back in? That was my solution when my Tahoe had the same problem…..
Appreciate 0