New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions

10-25-2007, 09:02 PM   #1
hotrod2448
grand poobah
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F10 535i

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Cleaning up Wheels and Tires section

I know wheels are a very common mod for BMW owners but, do you think there is any way the mods can go through and consolidate that forum. It's over a 100 pages long and I'm sure at least a few of the threads are reposts.

It just makes it hard to find much when there are so many threads to sort through and most of them contain no real information. I'm thinking it should be broken down into a few sub-sub-forums inside the wheels and tires sub-forum. Maybe something like:

E90 OEM, OEM option and OEM replica wheels
E90 aftermarket wheels
E92 OEM, OEM option and OEM replica wheels
E92 aftermarket wheels
Tire reviews
Technical discussion (what offset, will fit XI models, tire size, fender rolling, etc...)

Maybe that would result in some duplicate info for wheel packages that fit both but, it would make looking for pics of a wheel on a specific model and fitment questions easier to find answers to.

Maybe there is another/better way to organize it. This is just what popped into my head first.

I know this would probably be a ton of work but, man it would be nice.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 09:09 PM   #2
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Most of the wheels for the E90 and the E92 overlap each other, and the specs really depend on how your individual car is setup in terms of suspension, rolled fenders, etc.. There are just to many variables to break up the forum into sections IMO, and just breaking it up by E90 vs. E92 doesnt make sense to me since they run similar specs overall..

I do like the idea of separating wheels and tires into two sections, I will look into doing that i the near future

Opinions?
      10-25-2007, 09:56 PM   #3
Ray
Rep
Drives: three series

That section will benefit from a wheel and tire split, since they are the two main topics.

Separating OE with Aftermarket will create confusion or can be interchangeable.
Appreciate 0