New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

03-16-2011, 02:38 PM   #67
lucas.kent
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
I like the NFL, but I frankly could care less if they are locked out. Both sides are being ridiculous, all the while the fans are getting screw*d because we have to pay $75 a ticket + $10 parking + $10 beers, etc. to support these guys. But, if the market will bare it - so be it I guess.

Either way, people don't like lockouts/strikes in sports. Neither side can win, and in the long run it will do more harm than good. It took baseball years to recover from their strike - and there are still a lot of people that won't watch or go to a game for that reason alone.

On a side note, I was listening to a sports talk show on the ride home yesterday (LaVar and Dukes) and they were discussing Adrian Peterson's comments about how the NFL is "modern day slavery" for players. Outrageous. And LaVar was defending his comments and saying that equating it to slavery is a fair comparison. Here's a link to the story: Peterson compares NFL labor to slavery.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 03:14 PM   #68
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkw15 View Post
I like the NFL, but I frankly could care less if they are locked out. Both sides are being ridiculous, all the while the fans are getting screw*d because we have to pay $75 a ticket + $10 parking + $10 beers, etc. to support these guys. But, if the market will bare it - so be it I guess.

Either way, people don't like lockouts/strikes in sports. Neither side can win, and in the long run it will do more harm than good. It took baseball years to recover from their strike - and there are still a lot of people that won't watch or go to a game for that reason alone.

On a side note, I was listening to a sports talk show on the ride home yesterday (LaVar and Dukes) and they were discussing Adrian Peterson's comments about how the NFL is "modern day slavery" for players. Outrageous. And LaVar was defending his comments and saying that equating it to slavery is a fair comparison. Here's a link to the story: Peterson compares NFL labor to slavery.
I guess his 40 million dollar salary is "modern day slavery"
      03-16-2011, 10:57 PM   #69
serge_chez
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i E90

Yeah, that was something I bet he wishes he can take back. Not a smart line at all.
Appreciate 0