New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

08-23-2021, 09:02 PM   #1
M5Yams
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw m5 competition

Z4 35i build info.

Hey guys,

So I'm looking into the next car I want and am trying to decide. I'm wanting a light car, ~3000lbs, that can be buildable to 600whp. I've been looking at S2000 but it appears there that there are some issues with building higher than 500whp that are hard to get past, mainly to do with the transmission and differential being weak. And on top of that their prices are starting to jump up quick. I've always been a BMW nut and it just popped into my head that an n54 z4 is a serious contender. My only question is what all supporting mods are needed for the 600whp range. I was seeing that fuel pumps will need to be added, possibly port injection. Obviously upgraded turbos, either twin or big single. But what about transmissions or differentials? Just for some quick background my current car, which I'll be keeping around with this one, is f10 m5 comp.
I appreciate any help you guys can give!
Appreciate 0