New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

07-11-2006, 01:12 PM   #45
Juve29
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 325i titanium silver spk

The Italian news paper are reporting that Gallas, French defender, wants to break Materazzi's face. No class whatsoever. I think Gallas is just pissed off the ACMilan refused to buy him.
      07-11-2006, 01:14 PM   #46
KennyVendetta
Salsero
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 Crimson Red

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 01:20 PM   #47
e90rocks
Myrmidon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Entwicklung 90 - 325 Xi

Garage List
2006 325 xi  [0.00]
sad

While my previous posts, I think, opine that to let it roll off is the thing to do, I do think that sports is supposed to unify people in friendly competition. I know it doesn't happen that way, and that supposedly it's OK to trash talk in our society as long as you shake hands at the end. I favor the way most people act in martial arts competition...respect to the judges (cuz they can kick your asses) respect to opponents, respect to self. Here, the other guy is trying to take your head off, but you still bow to him, even after he's kicked you in the nuts. Sadly, I have seen otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 01:22 PM   #48
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
If I call you a F**kin* N***a while playing backetball...is that racism
Yes...trash talk is part of the game, but you only trash talk about the game itself and never ever talk smack about your race/background and never ever put the Mom on the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdnyc
This is the World Cup, like all other sports, baseball, basketball, football, there will be trash talking. How many times does a catcher in baseball taunt the batter to mess up his concentration.
Both Materazzi and Zidane have history of this behavior. What ever Materazzi said to Zidane, Zidane got even with the head butt. Too bad for him, Zidane got red carded and thrown out. End of story
I don't understand how this is a racial issue. It's sports. Live with it. I could understand if they wouldn't let Zidane play because he was Muslim. Thats racism. But two guys trash talking to each other is not racism.
Just my .02

Last edited by ska///235i; 07-11-2006 at 09:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 07:44 PM   #49
maq
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MTA Monthly Pass

For the record, this is what Materrazi is capable of:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...87&q=Materazzi

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...08&q=Materazzi

I'm shocked this guy is still allowed to play pro soccer, and is on the national team.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 09:37 PM   #50
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by maq
For the record, this is what Materrazi is capable of:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...87&q=Materazzi

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...08&q=Materazzi

I'm shocked this guy is still allowed to play pro soccer, and is on the national team.
Wow that is bs. You're right if he is such a dirty player he should just be banned.

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 09:52 PM   #51
KennyVendetta
Salsero
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 Crimson Red

Wow..I had no idea he was so dangerous.

Anyway here is a clip of Zidane highlights....watch his hariline recede as makes his opponents look like toddlers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A25lR...&search=zidane
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 10:05 PM   #52
BeeEmDubU
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 325i

maybe zidane was pissed off because the italian player said "we produce lamborghinis and ferraris. what do you guys make?"
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 10:27 PM   #53
ctgazer
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: a dilapidated ride

Garage List
2006 e90  [0.00]
i dunno if it is just the french...but heres another vid of the infamous 'kung fu kick'...i remember watchin this live in the UK when i was in school like 8 years ago....wow..another incident where insulting the family was involved...you be the judge..

07-11-2006, 10:50 PM   #54
foofighter
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 TRD Off Road 4r - 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska
If I call you a F**kin* N***a while playing backetball...is that racism
Yes...trash talk is part of the game, but you only trash talk about the game itself and never ever talk smack about your race/background and never ever put the Mom on the table
thank you...just because it's sports doesnt mean it's ok to call someone that or his family
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2006, 12:52 AM   #55
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I found it interesting watching those clips of Materazzi.. Because in 1 scene he went up agaisnt inzaghi, and it looked dirty. But you know what, they played together on the national team, and all is well. Its just one of those things, where once you step foot on the pitch- your a different person. Its one for all, all for one. You dont worry about hurting someones feelings, it sounds harsh but at that point your there for 1 thing only- to win, not to make friends.
      07-12-2006, 01:08 AM   #56
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
I found it interesting watching those clips of Materazzi.. Because in 1 scene he went up agaisnt inzaghi, and it looked dirty. But you know what, they played together on the national team, and all is well. Its just one of those things, where once you step foot on the pitch- your a different person. Its one for all, all for one. You dont worry about hurting someones feelings, it sounds harsh but at that point your there for 1 thing only- to win, not to make friends.

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2006, 01:19 AM   #57
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

I'm glad he headbutted that idiot. Talking trash is one thing, but he crossed the lines. Would those who say that all is fair in love and war say the same if they heard a non-black player call a black player you know what in the NBA?

No.

There are certain things that shouldn't be said, period. Certain things are just off limits, and I think a reasonable person would qualify "Son of a terrorist whore," and the equivalent of N----- off limits.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2006, 01:30 AM   #58
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Just wow...I'm surprised at some of you guys defending Materazzi...
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2006, 01:33 AM   #59
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
Just wow...I'm surprised at some of you guys defending Materazzi...
Look- i agree that if materazzi did say something to that extent, then yes he DESERVES what he got. HOWEVER, Zindane, being who he is, and having dealt with worse than this let his anger get the best of him. And you know what, victory is the best revenge. He should have continued on, and im sure he would have taken a penalty kick. And who knows, maybe they wouldnt have ever missed. But zidane ended his career with a red card and head butt, even if materazzi talked shit... he's still got the trophy
      07-12-2006, 01:34 AM   #60
maq
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MTA Monthly Pass

Quote:
I bet you didn't know Inzaghi hates Materrazi with a passion. In fact, as my Italian friend told me, most veterans on the national team and all the AC Milam guys aren't friends with Materrazi. He played in World Cup only because Nesta was injured. So all is not well.

If you even watch soccer on a regular basis, you'd know the way Materrazi plays is not common. You don't play to make friends that's right, but you don't play to hurt others either. You play that way, you hurt yourself in the end. That's the golden rule in any sport. I played in the city league for 2 years (and many more years for school teams), fortunately I've never met a guy as aggressive as Materrazi.

I know you love your team, and there are some great playes on the team that deserve the trophy. But Materrazi is not one of them.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2006, 01:37 AM   #61
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maq
I bet you didn't know Inzaghi hates Materrazi with a passion. In fact, as my Italian friend told me, most veterans on the national team and all the AC Milam guys aren't friends with Materrazi. He played in World Cup only because Nesta was injured. So all is not well.

If you even watch soccer on a regular basis, you'd know the way Materrazi plays is not common. You don't play to make friends that's right, but you don't play to hurt others either. You play that way, you hurt yourself in the end. That's the golden rule in any sport. I played in the city league for 2 years (and many more years for school teams), fortunately I've never met a guy as aggressive as Materrazi.

I know you love your team, and there are some great playes on the team that deserve the trophy. But Materrazi is not one of them.
I heard rumors from my cousin who lives in italy, that materazzi has always been an agressive player. But in my mind, i thought well agressive is what wins the ball, so why not. At this point, im so proud of italy for winning that ill admit straight up- none of this matters to me at this point.

I played soccer for 7 years ,and i encountered dirty dirty players (of course girls, who are prob worse). And yea it pissed the shitt outta me, but what can you do?? I mean i cant go tap the ref on the back and tell him that girl is bullying me or whatever. DEAL WITH IT.

Race is another issue entirely, shouldnt have been brought up. But as for now, there is no proof that was the issue. Some say he insulted his sister, others say this/that.

BUt my point is- there is so much negitivity surrounding the italian defender that it makes me frustrated because hes being singled out as the only one who talks shit. I can BET a million dollars it was going both ways.
      07-12-2006, 01:38 AM   #62
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:
Look- i agree that if materazzi did say something to that extent, then yes he DESERVES what he got. HOWEVER, Zindane, being who he is, and having dealt with worse than this let his anger get the best of him. And you know what, victory is the best revenge. He should have continued on, and im sure he would have taken a penalty kick. And who knows, maybe they wouldnt have ever missed. But zidane ended his career with a red card and head butt, even if materazzi talked shit... he's still got the trophy
I agree that Zidane should aimed for revenge by winning the cup. THEN he should have headbutted Materazzi, and finally winning the Golden Ball.

Materazzi is scum. I'll take back all my negative comments towards the rest of the Italian team and direct it towards him.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2006, 01:40 AM   #63
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
I agree that Zidane should aimed for revenge by winning the cup. THEN he should have headbutted Materazzi, and finally winning the Golden Ball.

Materazzi is scum. I'll take back all my negative comments towards the rest of the Italian team and direct it towards him.
He may be Scum but he did produce 2 very important goals.

Im glad you agree with my point. Zidane should have kept his cool, finish the game, possibly win it all and then celebrate and dance all over Materazzi's face. But nope, he opted to leave the field, walk right by the trophy and wasnt allowed to be on stage to recieve his medal.
      07-12-2006, 01:52 AM   #64
tl_boy
Major
Rep

hehe

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2006, 02:06 AM   #65
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tl_boy
I'm glad he headbutted that idiot. Talking trash is one thing, but he crossed the lines. Would those who say that all is fair in love and war say the same if they heard a non-black player call a black player you know what in the NBA?

something like that happend in tennis not too long ago. its the only one i can remeber right now when lleyton hewitt said something racial to james blake or something...no bueno. it was everywhere.
      07-12-2006, 02:10 AM   #66
tl_boy
Major
Rep

If that happened on a basketball court, and not a tennis court, things would have been very different for lleyton. R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck724
something like that happend in tennis not too long ago. its the only one i can remeber right now when lleyton hewitt said something racial to james blake or something...no bueno. it was everywhere.
Appreciate 0