New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-12-2019, 01:26 PM   #4467
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
We are officially Linked In "pen pals"! It's the only place I have a face pic posted on the Internet anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
With a melon like that....probably not a bad call.

You know I'm joking....

What was that saying about glass houses and all again??
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 01:43 PM   #4468
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
What was that saying about glass houses and all again??
"Buy some damn blinds you freaking exhibitionist???" I don't see how that fits here.

No one can see my ugly face because the glare from my bald head damn near blinds them.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 02:07 PM   #4469
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
"Buy some damn blinds you freaking exhibitionist???" I don't see how that fits here.

No one can see my ugly face because the glare from my bald head damn near blinds them.

Funny enough, you and I rely on the same strategy. I lack "coverage" up there, thus I've taken to wearing a hat when I go out in the sun to minimize sun damage. I've already had two basil cell carcinomas (or whatever they are) removed. The plastic surgeon I saw for both has read me the riot act and continues to tell my wife she's pretty concerned for me. I guess that's not a great track record at 37.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      08-12-2019, 03:05 PM   #4470
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
With a melon like that....probably not a bad call.

You know I'm joking....
Lol!!!!

I've actually done pretty good for myself with my melon head!!!
      08-12-2019, 03:43 PM   #4471
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Lol!!!!

I'm in the same boat my friend. At 42, with a bald head, glasses and constantly working on getting my body where I want it, I currently have the hottest girlfriend (not to mention the best companion) I've ever had.

I have to say that the only real issues that we've had, in 3 years, were by my doing. I'm a damn lucky guy.
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8206.00
MKSixer34173.50
      08-12-2019, 03:52 PM   #4472
Ultimateone
OG E46Fanatic
Rep
Drives: 24 Champ White CTR

just checking in to say that yes Online dating is brutal, can it be fun? Of course but man it can be nutty as well.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9698.00
      08-12-2019, 08:10 PM   #4473
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Dude, this is the issue with these apps. They may get you laid, but you are not going to find any person worth your time on any of them. I think I touched on this earlier in this thread but the people that use these apps are so inundated with the same shit over and over again, it's like being at an amusement park, getting on the same ride over and over again; they just keep going through the same motions. Some may think they are going to find something different, some may just be going through the same motions over and over because it's what they do. Regardless of their intent, motives or what have you, you have to remember that they are being bombarded with dick constantly. Some of those dicks are attached to very handsome guys. Those are the one's they want, then get to know, then realize that there is nothing there aside from looks. Then they post on facebook about why aren't there any good guys left and all men are assholes, babies, etc. These apps do nothing more than destroy self esteem for the good men. Delete the apps and take solace in the fact that you are better than these fake fucks, who are stuck in a cycle, that are only diminishing themselves and their character. Dude, there is nothing wrong with you, you aren't a bad looking guy, it's the mindset of the people using those apps.

This, in less words than I posted above. You have me curious, I'd like to hear how this date went south, so badly, that you deleted the app in front of her.

I've come to realize that physical appearance with women isn't the only thing they notice quickly. Presence, dress and attitude attract women just as much as looks. I wouldn't say that I'm all that attractive. What I do make an effort in is how I dress, being clean cut and confident in who I am. I've found that this does two things: it intimidates the shit out of people and it attracts women who aren't easily intimidated. The women who are easily intimidated will never approach and have a secret crush all while wishing you would make a first move - for either two reasons, they want to make you their boyfriend or they just want you to use them like a nasty sex slave. The women who aren't easily intimidated will make the first move....my lesson in life is to avoid these women....unless you're just looking for sex, but never fall for these type of women; they will only break your heart.

I'll pm you and pickle with the linkedin info.
Oh 100% i agree, it's been nothing but brutal for me hahah
Plus honestly this last year is going to be nothing short of hectic. I really don't think I'm going to have time (or even the motivation, really) to go and hoe around as much as last year. It's 3am in Munich now, I'm up writing emails trying to get caught up before school starts...

In the words of any teenager in 2017, let's get this bread. Just deleted Hinge, Tinder and Bumble

Last edited by Turkish Pickle; 08-12-2019 at 08:24 PM..
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      08-13-2019, 03:05 AM   #4474
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Oh 100% i agree, it's been nothing but brutal for me hahah
Plus honestly this last year is going to be nothing short of hectic. I really don't think I'm going to have time (or even the motivation, really) to go and hoe around as much as last year. It's 3am in Munich now, I'm up writing emails trying to get caught up before school starts...

In the words of any teenager in 2017, let's get this bread. Just deleted Hinge, Tinder and Bumble
You do know that is when they will start coming out of the woodwork!
      08-13-2019, 03:12 AM   #4475
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm in the same boat my friend. At 42, with a bald head, glasses and constantly working on getting my body where I want it, I currently have the hottest girlfriend (not to mention the best companion) I've ever had.

I have to say that the only real issues that we've had, in 3 years, were by my doing. I'm a damn lucky guy.
That's how old I was in that picture. I talk a lot of shit on here, but in my 30's when single....put me out there in just a t-shirt and I guarantee I could back up every word!

Hell I'm almost 45 now...and I still get approached. It's definitely has to be attitude, but I've had women ask me why I am with them as I seemed the type to date "trophy wife" material.

My current wife is young. The other day when we were picking up supplies at the grocery store down here on the islands, the old woman on the register told me I had a beautiful daughter.
      08-13-2019, 04:52 AM   #4476
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Lol!!!!

Yup, she's definitely still reading this thread.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 5
cmyx6go15671.50
King Rudi13154.00
bimmette6452.50
Rmtt8206.00
      08-13-2019, 06:11 AM   #4477
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Hey Pickle - There are lots of shallow women out there, probably more so when they are younger. Looks aren't everything. How you carry yourself, and your attitude are more powerful. I'll take self confidence, a great personality and a good person with OK looks and physique over a GQ guy any day. Do not let the results from a dating site get you down.

Go study, don't get so caught up in finding that girl now. They'll come.

EDIT: And Rmtt and Now-Rudy, some men are just smoking hot with bald heads.
MKSixer34173.50
Rmtt8206.00
      08-13-2019, 06:17 AM   #4478
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimateone View Post
just checking in to say that yes Online dating is brutal, can it be fun? Of course but man it can be nutty as well.
if you post here, you have to share your adventures
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      08-13-2019, 06:41 AM   #4479
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Beat me to it. I was about to say the exact same thing. When you stop trying is when they usually start.

Quote:

My current wife is young. The other day when we were picking up supplies at the grocery store down here on the islands, the old woman on the register told me I had a beautiful daughter.
This is indicative of WINNING!
Appreciate 4
MKSixer34173.50
Rmtt8206.00
cmyx6go15671.50
      08-13-2019, 06:50 AM   #4480
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Yup, she's definitely still reading this thread.
Why would you assume such a thing?

Seriously though, regardless of whether or not she sees this; it is true. I'm very fortunate to have someone who cares about me the way that she does. I've been with some very shitty women in the past. If the worst is that she checks up on me on here, so be it. I have nothing to hide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Hey Pickle - There are lots of shallow women out there, probably more so when they are younger. Looks aren't everything. How you carry yourself, and your attitude are more powerful. I'll take self confidence, a great personality and a good person with OK looks and physique over a GQ guy any day. Do not let the results from a dating site get you down.

I'll agree with this. You focus on you what you need to get done for yourself and the women will fall from the sky.

I can only imagine that my smoking hotness comes from the heat generated from this natural solar panel affixed upon my dome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
Indeed. Egos get checked once you enter. There is no shame here....obviously.
Appreciate 4
cmyx6go15671.50
nyalpine907419.00
MKSixer34173.50
      08-13-2019, 06:57 AM   #4481
FuzzyPeaches
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP

Quote:

Hey.... How you doin?

Appreciate 5
cmyx6go15671.50
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34173.50
Rmtt8206.00
      08-13-2019, 09:36 AM   #4482
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
eh we'll see how that goes

Quote:

but there's one big, big big big difference (and don't take this the wrong way): if we assume your criteria as a sign of maturity and assume maturity comes through age... i'm screwed for a while lol

plus, i'm chilling. came to germany with my family, spent the whole day today at the museum and welt
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15671.50
      08-13-2019, 09:39 AM   #4483
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
The other day when we were picking up supplies at the grocery store down here on the islands, the old woman on the register told me I had a beautiful daughter.
I didn't know St. James had a grocery store
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 10:03 AM   #4484
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
eh we'll see how that goes

but there's one big, big big big difference (and don't take this the wrong way): if we assume your criteria as a sign of maturity and assume maturity comes through age... i'm screwed for a while lol

plus, i'm chilling. came to germany with my family, spent the whole day today at the museum and welt
Thanks for reminding me that I am older than your mother.. I don't take offense. And, yes, maturity does have a lot to do with it but I stand by belief that self confidence and how you carry yourself play a huge role. My ex husband had a friend that was really nothing to look at. He dressed well and had this confidence that just oozed from his pores - I have no idea where it came from. He would approach the unapproachable, and 9 times out of 10 he got dates. All his friends were dumbfounded. I think his balls were bigger than his brain. He had no fear of being rejected.
Rmtt8206.00
      08-13-2019, 10:39 AM   #4485
Ultimateone
OG E46Fanatic
Rep
Drives: 24 Champ White CTR

Quote:
Ok, few things that happened to me just thus year all from Match/Okcupid/Hinge

Dated a chic who lost her visa, told me she was gonna leave the country and couldn't be with me after 3 months of an awesome relationship and completely ghosted me back in Feb. Texted me a week ago asking to "stay on my couch" for a few days... unreal.

3 weeks ago some chic a few towns over from my work asked me out and she was HIV positive but said it's cool, she has it under control.

in July a woman in my small town said she knew were I lived, knew my car and asked if I wanted to go to the local bar. That freaked me the F out.

I could probably keep going, I feel like something weird happens every week to me
Appreciate 2
      08-13-2019, 11:01 AM   #4486
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:

Dated a chic who lost her visa, told me she was gonna leave the country and couldn't be with me after 3 months of an awesome relationship and completely ghosted me back in Feb. Texted me a week ago asking to "stay on my couch" for a few days... unreal.

3 weeks ago some chic a few towns over from my work asked me out and she was HIV positive but said it's cool, she has it under control.

in July a woman in my small town said she knew were I lived, knew my car and asked if I wanted to go to the local bar. That freaked me the F out.

I could probably keep going, I feel like something weird happens every week to me

keep going!

but that first chic was looking for some1 with $$$ to marry so she can stay. probably had some1 in mind, bailed out on u. It didnt work out, now she is back smh.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      08-13-2019, 11:07 AM   #4487
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Age has nothing to do with maturity. You, my friend, have no worried here. You're still young and a lot of what you do, or don't, is still acceptable, but you show more maturity than many adults that I know. You hold your own very well with many of us older types on here. That says much about you.

Quote:
Thanks for reminding me that I am older than your mother.. I don't take offense. And, yes, maturity does have a lot to do with it but I stand by belief that self confidence and how you carry yourself play a huge role. My ex husband had a friend that was really nothing to look at. He dressed well and had this confidence that just oozed from his pores - I have no idea where it came from. He would approach the unapproachable, and 9 times out of 10 he got dates. All his friends were dumbfounded. I think his balls were bigger than his brain. He had no fear of being rejected.
This. Sometimes, this attitude is faked in the beginning but then when it starts to pay off, the confidence level builds. Once the confidence is there, a person begins to realize just exactly what they are capable of. Being told no isn't nearly as bad as wondering "what if." "What if" will drive a person insane.
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8206.00
cmyx6go15671.50
      08-13-2019, 11:08 AM   #4488
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:

Quote:

keep going!

but that first chic was looking for some1 with $$$ to marry so she can stay. probably had some1 in mind, bailed out on u. It didnt work out, now she is back smh.
Dating sites are like swimming through the sewer with your mouth open hoping to get a 16 OZ Bone-in ribeye when you randomly bite down.

The crazy is concentrated and magnified...it will come at you like a spider monkey and you better be ready to duck, dodge, or clear out.

Good luck in your search, sir.

Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
cmyx6go15671.50