New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-02-2022, 12:39 AM   #1
Idontliketrying
BMW Client Advisor
Rep
Drives: 2023 Bmw M3 CX

Garage List
2023 Bmw M3  [10.00]
I really don't know what section to put this but please share

https://gofund.me/1abdd90e

Hey y'all if you guys can take a moment to share or donate would mean a lot somebody hit my m3 with my son in the car and is now in the ICU.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 11:54 AM   #2
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

The other driver's insurance should be paying for everything.
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2022, 11:57 AM   #3
Idontliketrying
BMW Client Advisor
Rep

Garage List
2023 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
The other driver's insurance should be paying for everything.
I live in Florida you can drive with no bodily injury
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 12:11 PM   #4
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Not American, but this would drive me nuts if I had to pay $50K or whatever for something no fault of my own, and not only that, directly as a result of someone else's fault and insurance doesn't cover?

Don't really understand what "no bodily injury" means - I mean if the other driver was driving with "no bodily injury", isn't that sort of the whole purpose of insurance...to cover bodily injury you do to another person? I mean, I guess you could take that off of yourself so you aren't covered, but surely the insurance covers what you do to another person.

But given you are all lawsuit happy individuals, I'm guessing the other driver will be in the poor house post haste if he didn't have adequate insurance coverage.

In general though, this just doesn't really add up for me. But I hope your son recovers quickly, sounds like he was protected pretty well.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 12:19 PM   #5
Idontliketrying
BMW Client Advisor
Rep

Garage List
2023 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching The World Burn View Post
Not American, but this would drive me nuts if I had to pay $50K or whatever for something no fault of my own, and not only that, directly as a result of someone else's fault and insurance doesn't cover?

Don't really understand what "no bodily injury" means - I mean if the other driver was driving with "no bodily injury", isn't that sort of the whole purpose of insurance...to cover bodily injury you do to another person? I mean, I guess you could take that off of yourself so you aren't covered, but surely the insurance covers what you do to another person.

But given you are all lawsuit happy individuals, I'm guessing the other driver will be in the poor house post haste if he didn't have adequate insurance coverage.

In general though, this just doesn't really add up for me. But I hope your son recovers quickly, sounds like he was protected pretty well.
Each state has it own rules on what insurance you have to carry bodily injury is not a requirement in Florida. What bodily injury means is coverage of any accidents he has sustained like his broken arm etc. mainly hospital costs. The driver that hit me didn't have bodily injury they only had 10k of personal injury which covers mainly therapy and loss of income due to him not being able to show up to work. For me to get that "$10,000" we would have to sue that persons insurance. That 10k would than be refunded to hire a lawyer which most near me takes atleast 30% and then he has to go to therapy which takes out a bit out of that and court fees. So realistically I'd be getting 3-4k max.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 12:33 PM   #6
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Florida is definitely a fucked up state in terms of auto insurance. I'm so sorry to hear of your son's injuries. My wife was seriously injured in a MVA and the other driver didn't have any insurance. Thankfully I've always had uninsured/underinsured on my policy. Her doctor's bills were almost $50k, and we had to sue our insurance company for her injuries. They in turn will go after the other drive and probably get nothing.

I hope your son recovers quickly.
vreihen1615280.00
      05-02-2022, 12:35 PM   #7
Idontliketrying
BMW Client Advisor
Rep

Garage List
2023 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocL View Post
Florida is definitely a fucked up state in terms of auto insurance. I'm so sorry to hear of your son's injuries. My wife was seriously injured in a MVA and the other driver didn't have any insurance. Thankfully I've always had uninsured/underinsured on my policy. Her doctor's bills were almost $50k, and we had to sue our insurance company for her injuries. They in turn will go after the other drive and probably get nothing.

I hope your son recovers quickly.
Thank you, If you don't mind me asking if you insurance company drop you afterwards of you suing them or did it just regularly raise as a result of the accident?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 12:39 PM   #8
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontliketrying View Post
Thank you, If you don't mind me asking if you insurance company drop you afterwards of you suing them or did it just regularly raise as a result of the accident?
My rate didn't go up because it wasn't a property damage claim. We have USAA for all of our property insurance. I have a Chubb Umbrella policy just in case auto policy get's maxed out.