New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-17-2019, 10:32 AM   #1
HMP
Rep
Drives: not a bimmer yet

New here

I dont know if Im posting in the right place, apologies if Im not.

Just made my first post in the E91 thread - came here by way of a google search a few weeks back, Im looking for a 2nd car. Something fun, something nice(r).

I drove a E90 in 2009 in Germany - rented a 320i with a manual to drive to the Nurburgring. White, M accessories on it (ie: wheel and knob).
Well, here we are a decade later and having spent a lot of time tinkering around BMWs in the past, through a great friend who has built a few (including his M Coupe which was featured in Performance BMW), Ive always liked them and want one.

I want a wagon, due to needing to haul hockey gear once a week, plus I like the space for other reasons (my main car is a small econo-hatch Fiesta - great for MPG, but I want something fun and nice).
Other vehicles in the stable include 3 Buell motorcycles and a Kawasaki dirtbike.

I look forward to browsing around, hunting for my next car (well willing to do a fly-and-drive if the right one comes up), and learning about these

Thanks, from Winston Salem NC
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 11:02 AM   #2
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
welcome to the Forum!
you don't mention whether you want new or preowned, but you don't seem opposed to doing your own tinkering. if that's the case than consider the E39/530 Touring. I had a 540i sedan that I kept for 17 years, but I'd urge you to avoid the V8 unless you REALLY enjoy replacing gaskets, seals, valley pans and so forth.
imho the E39/M54 with manual and sport suspension is one of the 3 or 4 best platforms ever from BMW.
you'll have to be patient to find a good one, but the good news is that most of these Touring owners are fanatics who famously over-maintain their cars.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 09:19 PM   #3
HMP
Rep
Drives: not a bimmer yet

Whoops, what an idiot move.
Im seeking a preowned E91 wagon with a manual.
I know, not super easy to find, but Im willing to wait. I THINK Id like to get an iDrive model with the nav etc, but if I find the RIGHT one...well Im ready to drive or fly out to pick her up!

Yes, not opposed to tinkering, but the level of initial tinkering will depend on price!
Appreciate 0