New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

05-06-2011, 03:35 AM   #89
mr.e90
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
I want to do this. I watched a few minutes of the infomercial this morning. Seen it before but now I'm training for a half marathon and have about 3 months till it. This would be great I think cuz I'd like to get fit better overall other then just cardio.

Would anyone be willing to burn it for me? I'd paypal you some coin once the DVD's are received and confirm they work. PM me whoever is willing
Yes can anyone do his??..pm me..plz!!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 07:13 AM   #90
ssummers
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
I want to do this. I watched a few minutes of the infomercial this morning. Seen it before but now I'm training for a half marathon and have about 3 months till it. This would be great I think cuz I'd like to get fit better overall other then just cardio.

Would anyone be willing to burn it for me? I'd paypal you some coin once the DVD's are received and confirm they work. PM me whoever is willing
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvasquez2428 View Post
Yes can anyone do his??..pm me..plz!!
Why don't you both just buck up and pay for the program, instead of asking people to steal for you....

It is worth every penny you will pay for it. If you don't want to buy new from the supplier then look for a legit version on EBAY, or Craigslist. I bought a sealed version of P90x on CL for $75, bought my first Insanity new, then bought another set on EBAY for $60.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #91
bhoch
SSGT USMC - '78 - '86
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si

Garage List
2007 BMW Z4  [7.33]
As for the "how much space do you need to do P90X questions... Here is what I know I need (been doing P90X and P90X Plus for almost 2 years now)...

1. I need the ceiling to be at least 9 feet high.. (Mine is 9ft and I scrape that on some of the more explosive jumps that you can get into). I am 5'10, so it's not like I am very tall. I also don't feel I am all that "athletic".

2. You need enough floor space that you can jump forward, backwards and side to side. You also need to be able to turn in a complete circle while in a prone (starting pushup position). You get to do some rolling around on some of the exercises - it takes a little more space then you "think" because as you get better at the exercises, you tend to go faster and move further on them. This includes things like side jumps, lunges (with and without weights), forward, back, side kicks and simply jumping as far as you can forward, spinning round and jumping again.

As for the cost of the DVD's.. Folks, when it comes to exercise (been hitting a gym lifting weights, etc.. since 1978 or so) this is the best $150 that I have ever spent on the exercise front. It's well worth the cost of entry.

If you want more details about the program, just PM me questions and I'll answer with how I use or what I see from doing the programs.

2007 3.0si Roadster Black/Red, sport, Piano Black F14 Forgestar's
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 10:09 AM   #92
335iaz
Cause their greeaaaaat!!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: SBM E90 335i

So the one question I have, can you do p90x without the pullup bar etc? What items do you need? Reason being I don't think I have the ability to do that .. (maybe).

Thanks!
      05-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #93
ssummers
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iaz View Post
So the one question I have, can you do p90x without the pullup bar etc? What items do you need? Reason being I don't think I have the ability to do that .. (maybe).

Thanks!
Yes you can, you can use bands instead.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 01:00 AM   #94
335iaz
United_States
Rep

Just wanted to let everyone know that I started Insanity on Monday ... I am through day 3 so far ... doing this sh!t in the evening .. I took a before picture and etc. Question I have, I paid for it (nib) off of ebay. Will I still be eligible for the "I earned it" shirt? 57 more days to go!
      07-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #95
335iaz
United_States
Rep

Still going strong, on week 2 .. tonight will be day 4 ...
      07-22-2011, 11:43 PM   #96
ny176
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340xi Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iaz View Post
Still going strong, on week 2 .. tonight will be day 4 ...
Nice work! Keep it up. Wait until you get into month 2 and start the Max workouts. It'll feel like you started insanity all over again. Lol Been doing the Max workouts for the past 8 months or so and haven't gotten bored with the workouts at all. I'm really excited cuz I just ordered the new Insanity workout dvd set call Insanity the asylum. I can't wait until I start it, looks pretty badass
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 05:31 PM   #97
335iaz
United_States
Rep

^ awesome! yeah I just started month 2 this week, last night sucked (day 3) I really enjoyed day 2 though!!! I actually am pretty jazzed about month 2 .. I am actually sore today again
      09-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #98
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

starting this program on monday.....should get some before and after pictures on here
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 02:55 PM   #99
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

on my 3rd day love this program my muscles get very defined after each workout
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #100
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

How's everyone doing with this? I stopped late last year because I had several trips to go on.

I started a little less than 2 months ago, had to repeat some weeks as I couldnt really work out to the schedule during those weeks. As of this Saturday, I will have exactly 2 more weeks till I complete the program. This program is insane indeed; I don't watch my diet or eating at all, but the results are still solid, week after week.
      10-15-2011, 05:27 AM   #101
ny176
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnn View Post
How's everyone doing with this? I stopped late last year because I had several trips to go on.

I started a little less than 2 months ago, had to repeat some weeks as I couldnt really work out to the schedule during those weeks. As of this Saturday, I will have exactly 2 more weeks till I complete the program. This program is insane indeed; I don't watch my diet or eating at all, but the results are still solid, week after week.
Good job and good luck on the last 2 weeks of the program. Made the mistake 8-9 months ago not watching my diet and actually gained weight while doing insanity. Since then I really committed to a clean diet and have really made huge gains in both fitness and weight loss. Right now my workout routine consists of Insanity/ Asylum hybrids w/ a good amount of Bball mixed in and the occasional run. Gearing up for P90X 2 coming out later this fall. Just think about how much closer you can get to your goals if your diet was on par. I always go by 80 diet/20 workouts. But honestly for me right now it seems more like 90/10 lol If I'm gonna bust my butt this hard in my workouts I have to see crazy results.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2011, 11:10 AM   #102
bunnn
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny176 View Post
Good job and good luck on the last 2 weeks of the program. Made the mistake 8-9 months ago not watching my diet and actually gained weight while doing insanity. Since then I really committed to a clean diet and have really made huge gains in both fitness and weight loss. Right now my workout routine consists of Insanity/ Asylum hybrids w/ a good amount of Bball mixed in and the occasional run. Gearing up for P90X 2 coming out later this fall. Just think about how much closer you can get to your goals if your diet was on par. I always go by 80 diet/20 workouts. But honestly for me right now it seems more like 90/10 lol If I'm gonna bust my butt this hard in my workouts I have to see crazy results.
To be honest, I ask my self this question every time. I bust my ass doing this shit, but I detour myself by eating horribly. The problem is, I love food, and I often find good food. I don't eat horribly in the sense that I eat fast food or put rubbish inside me. It's just that I find myself at good restaurants, and I do not try and eat only brown rice and chicken breast.
      10-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #103
ny176
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I love food also dude. I crave every junk food possible once in awhile. Honestly for me anyways, cravings for delicious foods never go away lol. Unfortunately most things that taste good are kind of bad for you. Moderation I guess. I say try it for 2 weeks next time and see what kind of results you obtain?
      10-16-2011, 11:07 PM   #104
bunnn
Colonel
Rep

Agreed, I'm going to watch my diet closely on this last week, and I'll repeat this week's session with the diet.

I agree about great food, I'm good with cutting the junk/fast food - haven't had that in a long time.
      10-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #105
cipher5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Donington Grey X3M Comp

F that B Tanya!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 12:49 AM   #106
ny176
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher5 View Post
F that B Tanya!
lol.. Love tanya .. She kicks butt and she's hott. Part of the reason why I still pop in the insanity dvd. lol
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 12:54 AM   #107
bunnn
Colonel
Rep

She's in almost all of the beachbody videos. I remember a couple years back, I tried Hip-Hop fitness(or something like that). Shaun T was there as usual, and she would be one of the participants. Then I went on to do P90X, and there she was again. I've since moved on to Insanity, and she's here. Looks like she's there for Insanity Asylum, too.
      10-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #108
ny176
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
She's in almost all of the beachbody videos. I remember a couple years back, I tried Hip-Hop fitness(or something like that). Shaun T was there as usual, and she would be one of the participants. Then I went on to do P90X, and there she was again. I've since moved on to Insanity, and she's here. Looks like she's there for Insanity Asylum, too.
Unfortunately she's not in Asylum. Hopefully when they come out with asylum volume 2 she can make her return. Definitely missed her support while going through asylum. Lol
      10-19-2011, 11:39 PM   #109
bunnn
Colonel
Rep

How's asylum anyways, is the transition from insanity month 2 -> asylum, the same as month 1 -> month 2? Starting month 2 was almost like I never did month 1, BRUTAL!

Actually, can I even do asylum at home? Seems like a lot of equipment in this new one.
      10-20-2011, 03:09 PM   #110
ny176
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How's asylum anyways, is the transition from insanity month 2 -> asylum, the same as month 1 -> month 2? Starting month 2 was almost like I never did month 1, BRUTAL!

Actually, can I even do asylum at home? Seems like a lot of equipment in this new one.
Asylum is awesome! I loved it more than Insanity. Highly recommended. It will take you to another level strength/fitness wise. Transition wise, I would say it'll feel exactly like the transition from month 1-2 of Insanity because of the new movements your body will have to get used to but it's well worth it.

I've done Asylum in my apartment which is 840 sq ft total and had no problems with space. It comes with a 4ft agility ladder, resistance bands, speed rope and if you order the deluxe version, a pullup bar for your door. You would also need some dumbells for the strength dvd. The program is only a month long but believe me you would want to do it more than that. It's nice to have it as part of your fitness library of dvd's. Here's a comparison for you. After completing Asylum( i extended it an additional 2 weeks) I missed Tanya and doing the MAX month 2 workouts of Insanity. I popped in Max Interval circuit and I blew right through the workout without stopping and wanted more in the end so I doubled up and did pure cardio. Couldn't believe how much more my fitness level increased. In a 6 week period I lost an additional 12 lbs but gained lean muscle mass while dropping body fat.
Appreciate 0