New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > E89 Z4 Classifieds > Commercial Z4 Classifieds

03-02-2016, 09:23 PM   #67
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

The owner of this car is actually coming back to have me tint his head lights lightly as well, but I figured I’d post pictures of what I already have of the car and post the other pictures later.

The film that I use for tinting or smoking the head / tail lights is a fairly light shade. It’s suppose to give a fairly OEM look and almost appear as if it was like that from the factory. I tinted his tail lights, lower rear bumper lights and also the small turn signal lights on his front fenders. It must have been bad timing with the sunlight, but it was fairly bright out that day and there was quite a bit of glare coming off of the tail lights.

Hopefully you guys are still able to get somewhat of an idea of how the slightly darker tinted lights look. The fender light pieces are not as noticeable in the pictures, cause they got washed out from the bright light. However, in person they are a lot more noticeable.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 06:06 PM   #68
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Trying to figure something out hopefully within the next two months or so.

I have had some people ask for some pictures of the film that I use on head lights, after seeing me post pictures of it primarily on tail lights, so here are some pictures of an Audi R8 that I did. I'll post pictures of the M6's head lights from the pictures above once I get a chance to resize them.

The owner of this white Audi R8 was getting other work done on the car and he decided to have me tint his headlights with my light smoke/tint film as well. The owner of this car was from around the Los Angeles county area and drove out to me in Orange County to get the work done. I took some pictures of the car with the headlights off and the parking lights on to show how the light transmission looked like after the install was done. Over, it gave it a nice meaner look without reducing overall light output by anything too much.

Before:

During - Driver (right) side tinted/smoked, passenger (left) side stock.

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 11:32 PM   #69
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

I thought I had taken more pictures of this car, but three is all I have I suppose. This is a car that I did for Hyundai for last year's SEMA, just to give you an idea of how some old some of my pictures can be or take before getting uploaded. They wanted to do a real carbon roof, but did not have enough time to do it before SEMA, so having me vinyl wrap it with the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber vinyl material was the next alternative. I wrapped both the painted and glass part that's on the Veloster.

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 10:25 PM   #70
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Not many people know that I use/have other colors of head/tail light film in addition to the normal tint/smoke films that most people typically have me use on their cars. The owner of this Mini Cooper brought his car by to have me tint his head lights yellow and his tail lights with red. I know the yellow headlights isn’t for everybody, but the owner of this Mini wanted to do something different, and it’s always possible to go back to stock/reversible with vinyl. The owner of this car drove out from Inland Empire to me in Anaheim hills/Orange county to have the work done.

Before:

After (note the headlights are on in these pictures):

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 11:22 AM   #71
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

I originally made these flags over 10 years ago as a homage to the original BMW E36 M3 LTW cars that came with these flags. I had stopped making decals/graphics for a while, but recently have started offering decals and stickers again.

Anyways, I know this was mainly an E36 thing, but I just wanted to see if maybe any of you guys on here might be interested in something like this as well.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 01:20 PM   #72
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

The owner of this blue F10 BMW 550i contacted me to see if I could vinyl wrap the diffuser on his car with the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber material. He brought his car out to me in Orange County from around Riverside, for me do to the work on his car. Usually a lot of diffusers are not very practical to wrap due to their shapes/curves, which makes it hard for the vinyl to stick and stay conformed to over time. However, this one was fairly flat and there wasn't too much heat from around the exhaust areas on this car so that was a good thing as well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 01:17 PM   #73
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

I have had lots of requests from people to start offering pre cut vinyl pieces for those who are non-locals or that simply want to DIY it.

However, I want to get a general idea of what kind of pre cut pieces people would be interested in.

I most likely will create a new thread for this, but decided just to post this in here first.

-Don
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2016, 11:32 PM   #74
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

I know I don't post this often, but I also do clear headlight film protection as well. I just never really take pictures of it, since you can never really see or tell the difference of a before and after.

In this picture the driver side has already been done and the passenger side has been applied, just waiting to be trimmed. You can see everything is custom fitted, since I do not use pre cut materials. This allows me to cover more of the headlights than pre cut pieces do and also get a closer/better fit to the pieces that I am covering/applying the material to.

Clear headlight protective film is good if you have glass headlights, so it'll prevent rocks from cracking it or chipping it. This can also be applied to fog lights, which are more prone to cracking, since they're lower/closer to the ground. Even if your headlights are plastic, the film will help prevent nicks and chips in the plastic lenses. It'll also help protect/prevent against oxidation better. If your headlights are already oxidized/faded, I can clear/clean those up for you before putting on the clear film.

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 10:11 PM   #75
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

More recently, most of my interior wraps have been with the 3M gloss carbon fiber vinyl finish. However, for this particular BMW E92 335i coupe, we went with the 3M di-noc carbon fiber vinyl material, which is more of a matte or "dry carbon" type of look. There's not necessarily one benefit for going with one over the other, as far as looks are concerned. It is primarily all preference between the two different types of finishes.

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2016, 01:08 PM   #76
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

I applied my gloss black vinyl wrap material to his roof. I had some requests for closer up pictures of around the sunroof and antenna areas, to squash any doubts or worries that some had regarding those two areas. As you can see, everything is done very neatly and there are no seams or exposed areas of paint there. The owner of this car was around the Inland Empire area I believe, and came out to me in Orange County to have his roof done.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 08:17 PM   #77
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Updated the original post to add new and additional services, such as custom cut decals, plasti dip, etc, that I am able to offer to locals and also non-local members now.

Let me know if you guys had any questions.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 01:26 PM   #78
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

For this silver/grey BMW M3 E93 convertible I blacked out the chrome/brushed aluminum around the windows and rear convertible lid piece with my matte black vinyl material. We went with the matte black to match the mirror bases on the car. I think matte black goes well on medium toned colored cars like grey and silver.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 06:56 PM   #79
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Plasti dip rear badges

This is not a BMW, but I had several people ask me for some more detailed or close up pictures of my plasti dip work and I happen to already have these resized and ready to go. The owner of this white Audi A6 sedan came by my shop in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the plasti dip work done, along with getting his roof wrapped and chrome window trim blacked out. Since he was blacking out everything else, blacking out the chrome badges made everything flow together fairly well.

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2016, 11:07 AM   #80
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

For this grey Z4, I vinyl wrapped the roof with in the 3M di noc carbon fiber material. I did his roof and the center areas/portions of his front and rear bumper in the carbon. Don't mind the weather stripping around the top of the front windshield. It seems like it has just deteriorated from age and over time. I've seen this happen on a lot of BMWs that I work on, which is quite unfortunate, since it's really only on the newer more recent models that seems to really have this type of issue. I believe the owner of this car came out to me from Los Angeles to Orange County to get the vinyl wrap done.

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2016, 11:18 AM   #81
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Smoked / tinted head lights
- Smoked / tinted tail lights
- Blacked out front lower bumper chrome trim
- Gloss black roof wrap

For this white Mercedes Benz S63 Coupe, we decided to go with gloss black on the front lower bumper chrome trim and also the roof to essentially give the it a complete black out look on the front and also to give the roof a more finished look by wrapping the small section in the back in gloss black. In addition to those two items, we also lightly tinted and smoked out the head lights and tail lights on the car. You may notice that in different lighting, the tinted lights may appear lighter or darker. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from Irvine to get the vinyl work done.

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 12:22 PM   #82
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Plasti dip front and rear badges
- Gloss back front and rear reflectors

This white 2016 Bentley Continental GT3R came in to have me black out the chrome badges / emblems on the trunk and hood of the car. I also ended up blacking out the red and amber reflectors on the front and back bumpers of the car. Sometimes small subtle changes such as the work I did for this Bentley is all a car needs. The owner of this car was from Los Angeles and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl car wrap work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 12:59 PM   #83
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Gloss black window trim vinyl car wrap

Had some requests for some more close up pictures of the area where the trim meets the rubber weather stripping. For this grey Audi A5 coupe, I blacked out the chrome window trim on the car with my gloss black vinyl material. The owner of the car came out to me from Los Angeles / Torrance area to Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl work done. We went with gloss over matte to blend with the tinted windows better and also match the black optics package that Audi now offers on some of their cars.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2016, 10:29 AM   #84
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Gloss black vinyl roof wrap

This is a previous customer of mine that had some vinyl work done by me as well. This time around, he brought by his white Mercedes Benz C63 AMG sedan to have me wrap the roof in my gloss black vinyl material. The gloss black blends in fairly well with the glass sunroof. The owner of this car was from Cerritos / Los Angeles and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange county to have the work done. It is almost like this car was meant to come with a black roof, since the side roof rails and antenna for some reason come gloss black from the factory already as well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2016, 12:51 PM   #85
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Plasti dip front and rear badges
- Gloss back front and rear reflectors

This white 2016 Bentley Continental GT3R came in to have me black out the chrome badges / emblems on the trunk and hood of the car. I also ended up blacking out the red and amber reflectors on the front and back bumpers of the car. Sometimes small subtle changes such as the work I did for this Bentley is all a car needs. The owner of this car was from Los Angeles and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl car wrap work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2016, 11:14 AM   #86
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Gloss black vinyl roof wrap
- Gloss black rock / stone guard

This white Porsche Panamera is another previous customer of mine. Seems like I have a lot of previous/return customers bringing in new/different cars to have vinyl work done to them, which is always a good sign that they were happy with the work done previously. For this Porsche Panamera, I wrapped the roof in gloss black and also freehand traced the faded side rear rock/stone guard piece. The car came with a factory clear stone guard film on there, but over time it had faded and turned yellow, so the owner of the car wanted me to wrap it in gloss black to match the rest of the black/white theme already on the car. I actually went out to the location of the car to do this install, as part of my mobile services that I have begun to offer.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2016, 12:01 PM   #87
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Gloss black window trim wrap
- Gloss black front grill surround vinyl wrap

Even with this fairly stock white Lexus IS350 or IS250, after blacking out the chrome window trim and front grill, it really cleaned up the look of the car. The blacked out chrome trim pieces compliments the rest of the car fairly nicely. The owner of this car was from Cerritos and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to get the vinyl work done. For this particular car, we also went with the gloss black finish over the matte black finish for the chrome pieces.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2016, 10:30 PM   #88
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- 3M gloss carbon fiber rear spoiler vinyl wrap
- 3M gloss carbon fiber lower rear bumper diffuser vinyl wrap

Sometimes wraps can allow for certain parts on the car to blend in better, while other times wraps can add contrast to a car in positive ways. In the case of this Audi A7 sedan, instead of the typical blacking out of the chrome, etc, I ended up wrapping the rear integrated spoiler and lower rear diffuser in the 3M gloss carbon fiber vinyl finish. Since the car is already a dark color, the addition of these carbon fiber wrapped pieces still blends in with the car fairly well, but also still provides a noticeable contrast against the black color of the car. The owner of this car was from Pasadena / Los Angeles area and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0