New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

10-07-2021, 01:56 PM   #485
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramman434 View Post
supposedly Brian's dad is now going to "join/help" the manhunt efforts
I'm imagining the conversation between Brian's family and their lawyer that preceded this announcement went something like this: "Oh for fuck sake, can you at least pretend to care about how completely guilty you look right now?"
Appreciate 3
ramman434712.00
King Rudi13164.00
      10-07-2021, 02:00 PM   #486
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I think that last sentence is assuming way too much. It's impossible to correlate anything in the body cam footage with her being murdered. There are many "what if" scenarios anyone can think about that would cause the outcome to likely be different, but it's not like the cops found obvious signs of ongoing abuse. To them it was a young couple who had been fighting after being stuck in a van on a cross country trip together. Probably something they deal with pretty regularly.
You also gotta remember how emotionally unstable a lot of kids are these days. Pressures from social media, society, COVID anxiety, etc. A young 20 something bursting into tears, hyperventilating, and not being able to cope is unfortunately probably a common occurrence for police to encounter thee days. Is she at risk and being abused or just didn't get enough "likes" on her post about changing her preferred pronouns? Who knows.
Appreciate 3
      10-07-2021, 04:22 PM   #487
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
sspade has been banned from his own thread. He can view, but he can not reply. I have it on good authority that he is with us in spirit.
I thought he wanted his ban held in confidentiality 'Justin' case Laundrie was lurking on the forums. You've now blown his cover.

Great!
Dammit! Sorry sspade. I didn't know!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 04:29 PM   #488
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

What ever did happen to OP??

asking for a friend
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 05:49 PM   #489
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
What ever did happen to OP??

asking for a friend
I heard he went camping with Brian Laundrie.
Appreciate 1
Esteban44843.50
      10-07-2021, 07:24 PM   #490
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Quote:
I think that last sentence is assuming way too much. It's impossible to correlate anything in the body cam footage with her being murdered. There are many "what if" scenarios anyone can think about that would cause the outcome to likely be different, but it's not like the cops found obvious signs of ongoing abuse. To them it was a young couple who had been fighting after being stuck in a van on a cross country trip together. Probably something they deal with pretty regularly.
You also gotta remember how emotionally unstable a lot of kids are these days. Pressures from social media, society, COVID anxiety, etc. A young 20 something bursting into tears, hyperventilating, and not being able to cope is unfortunately probably a common occurrence for police to encounter thee days. Is she at risk and being abused or just didn't get enough "likes" on her post about changing her preferred pronouns? Who knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Quote:
Fair point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 07:34 PM   #491
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Why did SSPADE get banned? Now who’s gonna do the detective work for us? Not it!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 07:27 AM   #492
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
One thing this case taught me is that if you ever feel lonely, commit $1k in bank fraud and there will be thousands of agents breathing down your neck. Hope one of them is a sexy chica.
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2021, 09:30 AM   #493
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
One thing this case taught me is that if you ever feel lonely, commit $1k in bank fraud and there will be thousands of agents breathing down your neck. Hope one of them is a sexy chica.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
nyalpine907444.00
Buug95918235.50
F30lolz6813.00
      10-11-2021, 08:10 AM   #494
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Riddle me this Batman. "If" this guy really is alive, how in the world could he be getting items to survive without being spotted by someone? With all the publicity this has gotten, is there really a store or place he could go without someone recognizing him?

All I keep envisioning is Mark Wahlberg in Shooter when he's on the run.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 09:21 AM   #495
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
Riddle me this Batman. "If" this guy really is alive, how in the world could he be getting items to survive without being spotted by someone? With all the publicity this has gotten, is there really a store or place he could go without someone recognizing him?

All I keep envisioning is Mark Wahlberg in Shooter when he's on the run.
Someone could easily be getting supplies for him and leaving them in predetermined locations.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 09:37 AM   #496
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
They just need to come clean and say he’s wanted for her death and not this bank fraud BS. All these resources trying to find someone for bank fraud is laughable.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 09:45 AM   #497
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
They just need to come clean and say he’s wanted for her death and not this bank fraud BS. All these resources trying to find someone for bank fraud is laughable.
Why is this bothering you? They have no hard evidence he is involved in her murder, but they have hard evidence he used her debit card AFTER her death-the only thing they CAN charge him with at this point.
Appreciate 1
Buug95918235.50
      10-11-2021, 09:58 AM   #498
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
Why is this bothering you? They have no hard evidence he is involved in her murder, but they have hard evidence he used her debit card AFTER her death-the only thing they CAN charge him with at this point.
Explain to me how he has her debit card after her death? I mean it’s possible he dropped her off after arguing and she left her debit card in the van or he said F you, I’m taking your cards. Someone else kills her. He drives back to FL unknowingly that she’s dead. He arrives home, questioned by police but remains silent?

Again, they just need to say he’s wanted for a-z, not just xyz.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 10:00 AM   #499
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
what more hard evidence do you need when you return from 3000 mile trip without your partner.
he drove his gf van back to his home.
hired a lawyer
he is on the run
the gf turns up dead
used her cc after she was dead.
Appreciate 1
F30lolz6813.00
      10-11-2021, 10:17 AM   #500
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Someone could easily be getting supplies for him and leaving them in predetermined locations.
They have to be tracking/following his family though. No?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 10:23 AM   #501
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
They have to be tracking/following his family though. No?
Probably, but could be a friend.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 10:35 AM   #502
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Quote:
Probably, but could be a friend.
I was going to say, that friend is risking a lot. But since no charges have been brought against Laundrie, would assisting him now carry charges?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 11:44 AM   #503
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
what more hard evidence do you need when you return from 3000 mile trip without your partner.
he drove his gf van back to his home.
hired a lawyer
he is on the run
the gf turns up dead
used her cc after she was dead.
The only 'hard' evidence they have in this list, is "he used her CC after she was dead" That's hard evidence of CC/bank fraud. Something they can lawfully charge him with based on they evidence they have.

None of what you listed before that is 'evidence' in any sense of the word. It may look and sound suspicious, but it's not evidence, and you must have evidence to charge someone.

Bank/ CC fraud--This is the charge that allows them to search for him, and question him in her death. It's really a pretty simple tactic used all the time in law enforcement.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 02:34 PM   #504
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
The only 'hard' evidence they have in this list, is "he used her CC after she was dead" That's hard evidence of CC/bank fraud. Something they can lawfully charge him with based on they evidence they have.

None of what you listed before that is 'evidence' in any sense of the word. It may look and sound suspicious, but it's not evidence, and you must have evidence to charge someone.

Bank/ CC fraud--This is the charge that allows them to search for him, and question him in her death. It's really a pretty simple tactic used all the time in law enforcement.
I don't follow this stuff so not sure. What evidence usually comes up in a case like this? Do they have the van they were in already? I mean if there was no evidence in the van or crime scene pointing to him, how do they plan to "get" evidence if/when he shows up?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 03:56 PM   #505
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:

so you are saying this manhunt is just for bank fraud of $1k?
Appreciate 1
F30lolz6813.00
      10-11-2021, 04:15 PM   #506
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

That's confusing to me too. Can't they (when they find him) arrest him on suspicion of murder? They surely don't need the petty crime charge to arrest him?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread