New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #397
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

gaaah, the more stories that come out of this the funnier it gets.

- guy's wife is really not married to him at all
- crooked cops getting punished internally by their departments and the Internal Affairs Bureau is also after his ass
- dude shows up to court wearing a t-shirt cuz his broke ass works at a car wash
- shitbird flips off cameras inside the court room
- bikers being charged with gang assault
- bikers who are riding their uncles borrowed bikes
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #398
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

These bikers were done as soon as this story went viral. Menacing biker gang made up of numerous, morally questionable, black men, attacking solitary family celebrating their wedding anniversary?

These guys are going to do some prison time for sure.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #399
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullrouted
Anyone see the latest news about the police officers at the scene?

http://nypost.com/2013/10/07/bike-co...video-reveals/

Protect and Serve? Bullshit.
Again, cops are not obligated to protect citizens. They are allowed to use their own discretion when it comes to getting involved in protecting citizens.

It should be noted that the phrase "Protect and Serve" came about from the LAPD holding a contest for the public to come up with a slogan for the LA police academy. Nice.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
These bikers were done as soon as this story went viral. Menacing biker gang made up of numerous, morally questionable, black men, attacking solitary family celebrating their wedding anniversary?

I wouldn't be surprised if all the bikers got off with a slap on the wrist and Lien was ordered to pay Mieses medial bills. I'd be infuriated of course, but not surprised. This is the messed up society we live in.

A hand full of these bikers receiving 5 to 10 year jail sentences will go a LONG, LONG way to preventing this from happening again in NYC. But the judicial system is messed up and for some reason worries about the guilty more than the victim.
      10-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #400
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
These guys skated on gun and drug charges with priors in the double digits and people think they're going to see jail for punching a guy and child endangerment?

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #401
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
These guys skated on gun and drug charges with priors in the double digits and people think they're going to see jail for punching a guy and child endangerment?
they will.

thanks to the media and the viral video......

when they were possessing guns and drugs, there wasn't a video of them pulling a dad out of his truck and beating him in front of his child....

imagine if there would have been video in the Trayvon Martin case.......................
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #402
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
imagine if there would have been video in the Trayvon Martin case.......................
And imagine if it backed up Zimmerman's story of being punched first and then having his head smashed on the ground.......
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #403
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
I just cant believe there are still people out there that think the bikers were in the right and the SUV driver was in the wrong...
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #404
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
And imagine if it backed up Zimmerman's story of being punched first and then having his head smashed on the ground.......
Let's say this is true.. then the road rage equivalent would be Zimmerman brake checking TM, more than once, then TM gets agro and they both stop cars at which point TM initiates physical contact.
So you can say Z 'trolled' TM into assaulting him.
Not arguing the verdict - just saying Z is a morally repugnant jackass who trolled someone who could not control his temper, and killed him legally.

Can the same be said with Lien and the bikers?
Unknown if there was any road rage before what is shown.
Maybe L had a temper too, maybe he honked at them before and they took offense. Could his 'act of self defense' been partial due to rage?
This is unclear, maybe marginal - you would have to be able to see whether he was aiming for anybody, whether he really had not choice but to go over them.
But it is an 'easy call' because L had his family with him, he was outnumbered, his is successful and the others were not.
But this doesn't mean rage didn't play any part in it, -if there were any events preceding what is known that led to the bikers choosing him as their target.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #405
JuppiOne
Captain
Rep
Drives: everyone crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I just cant believe there are still people out there that think the bikers were in the right and the SUV driver was in the wrong...
yes, its called... miese's "wife"
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #406
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post

ban

why not mention the ethnicity of the people in the RR too?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #407
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
ban

That and there were guys of just about every race in that group.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #408
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
Let's say this is true.. then the road rage equivalent would be Zimmerman brake checking TM, more than once, then TM gets agro and they both stop cars at which point TM initiates physical contact.
you forgot to mention when they are stopped, 12-14 Zimmermans are surrounding Trayvon's car in an agressive manner.....

Trayvon runs over a Zimmerman unintentionally as he believes he is in imminent fear of death.....

if you're gonna compare the two, at least do it properly.....
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #409
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
So you can say Z 'trolled' TM into assaulting him.
Not arguing the verdict - just saying Z is a morally repugnant jackass who trolled someone who could not control his temper, and killed him legally.

Can the same be said with Lien and the bikers?
Unknown if there was any road rage before what is shown.
Maybe L had a temper too, maybe he honked at them before and they took offense. Could his 'act of self defense' been partial due to rage?
This is unclear, maybe marginal - you would have to be able to see whether he was aiming for anybody, whether he really had not choice but to go over them.
But it is an 'easy call' because L had his family with him, he was outnumbered, his is successful and the others were not.
But this doesn't mean rage didn't play any part in it, -if there were any events preceding what is known that led to the bikers choosing him as their target.
Following/looking for someone and brake checking them are not nearly the same thing. Following someone would be equivalent to following someone in a car. Brake checking them is intentionally endangering their lives.

You're implying that he stalked Trayvon and goaded him into losing his tempor so he could shoot him. You have absolutely no basis to make that claim besides your own biases. If you feel differently, feel free to provide some kind of information that suggests otherwise.

These two incidents aren't good examples to draw many parallels as they are VERY very different.

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #410
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
you forgot to mention when they are stopped, 12-14 Zimmermans are surrounding Trayvon's car in an agressive manner.....

Trayvon runs over a Zimmerman unintentionally as he believes he is in imminent fear of death.....

if you're gonna compare the two, at least do it properly.....
I admit, I have a thing for George Zimmerman
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #411
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21 View Post
Following/looking for someone and brake checking them are not nearly the same thing. Following someone would be equivalent to following someone in a car. Brake checking them is intentionally endangering their lives.

You're implying that he stalked Trayvon and goaded him into losing his tempor so he could shoot him. You have absolutely no basis to make that claim besides your own biases. If you feel differently, feel free to provide some kind of information that suggests otherwise.

These two incidents aren't good examples to draw many parallels as they are VERY very different.
It was mentioned in the Zimmerman thread..
Okay, fine I will stop bashing on ol Georgy

The SMALL parrellel i was drawing was they both 'might' have involved profiling..
Okay, fine, I know you're not even allowed to say that.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #412
Myrder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i MSport 6MT LMB

So undercover cop participated in terrorizing this family. Awesome. Throw him the F$%* in prison.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #413
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
It was mentioned in the Zimmerman thread..
Okay, fine I will stop bashing on ol Georgy

The SMALL parrellel i was drawing was they both 'might' have involved profiling..
Okay, fine, I know you're not even allowed to say that.
I'd agree with you except I know by "profiling" you mean "racial profiling".

I think it's definitely possible that Zimmerman profiled him as a punk by the way he was dressed, his demeanor/attitude, and what he was doing. I do that all the time. Everyone does. It's how the human brain works.

Likewise, the Biker's may have seen Range Rover driver as snoby rich guy driving a cage. Being a biker, it's easy to stereotype other drivers on the road as ignorant/dumb/unaware. Someone makes a mistake and it's easy to go "they're another one of those idiots who never pays attention". It's easy to treat those different than you less than equal.

But if you're saying that George did what he did because Trayvon was Black or that the bikers did what they did because Lien was Asian, I have no reason to agree with you. Without some kind of justification, that sounds very racist to imply.

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #414
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
ban

You mean the ASIAN couple who was surrounded, and viciously attacked with their child in the car?

See the thing you guys are missing is that his video has gone viral, and the people who attacked the RR with the most viciousness, we all know who they are now.

Black biker gang members have ZERO chance of getting away with this crime in the U.S without doing prison time. Zero. That's how society is, and these guys should have understood that before trying to be macho.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #415
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrder View Post
So undercover cop participated in terrorizing this family. Awesome. Throw him the F$%* in prison.
Only possible excuse I can imagine is that he was deep undercover, and spent months building their trust and infiltrating his way into the biker gang to break up whatever stuff they were doing besides terrorizing drivers (ie: trafficking drugs, guns, etc.) Then he could say he had to appear to join in to not blow his cover (which is now blown anyway).
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #416
Myrder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i MSport 6MT LMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
Only possible excuse I can imagine is that he was deep undercover, and spent months building their trust and infiltrating his way into the biker gang to break up whatever stuff they were doing besides terrorizing drivers (ie: trafficking drugs, guns, etc.) Then he could say he had to appear to join in to not blow his cover (which is now blown anyway).
I can relate to what you're saying, but there were many other bikers that didn't participate to not "blow their cover." In this situation he would be demonized for not helping either way, whether it be standing back to not blow cover or participating, but I believe the latter is much worse.

Last edited by Myrder; 10-09-2013 at 01:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #417
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

This just in:

http://nypost.com/2013/10/07/bike-co...video-reveals/

Turns out the undercover cop was the one who smashed in the rear window. And it wasn't his first scrape with the law, nor his DA girlfriend:

http://nypost.com/2013/08/04/det-da-in-brawl-with-cops/

Where is Gloria Allred when you need her?
      10-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #418
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

I'm of the opinion that they were off duty rather than undercover. If they were under cover, what is the reasoning to come out of cover after the fact? There isn't any.

For that reason, my opinion is that they were just cop bikers in plain clothes rather than undercover cops.