New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

05-22-2024, 07:52 PM   #1
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: Whatever's in the garage

2024 NBA Playoffs

Time for the few NBA fans here to have their own thread.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2024, 10:02 AM   #2
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

The Pacers should have won game 1 in Boston. Those late mistakes did them in. Boston may sweep.

Now for my T Wolves, with how they were playing they should have lost by more. The barrage of 3 pointers in the first half put them in a good spot but as soon as they couldn't hit as many they didn't have many other solutions. Dallas had a better game plan and they executed it well. Feeling good the game was that close considering Dallas was the better team. Friday night should be a fun game.

Holy crap Luka is annoyingly good. He doesn't look fast.....he doesn't look like he should be that good. I don't get how he does what he does.
lakefront593.00
Mosaud19984080.50
      05-23-2024, 03:45 PM   #3
lakefront
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
The Pacers should have won game 1 in Boston. Those late mistakes did them in. Boston may sweep.

Now for my T Wolves, with how they were playing they should have lost by more. The barrage of 3 pointers in the first half put them in a good spot but as soon as they couldn't hit as many they didn't have many other solutions. Dallas had a better game plan and they executed it well. Feeling good the game was that close considering Dallas was the better team. Friday night should be a fun game.

Holy crap Luka is annoyingly good. He doesn't look fast.....he doesn't look like he should be that good. I don't get how he does what he does.
Boston has not played up to their regular season dominance so far in these playoffs. Are they really just waiting for Porzingus to come back? They've had it pretty easy so far.....East is decimated by injuries. Bucks, Knicks, Cavs, Heat all missing vital players. We'll see how Pacers respond in Game 2.
Really thought Minn would take their series in 6 or less. Very impressed the way they beat the Nuggets. Their vaunted defense didin't really show up in Game 1.
Appreciate 2
JMcLellan2528.00
Mosaud19984080.50
      05-26-2024, 07:49 AM   #4
lakefront
Captain
Rep

Pacers blow another 4th quarter lead, played well even without their best player. Guess this series is over, Boston just too much talent. Now is gut check time for Minn. Lose 2 at home, if they lose either of the next 2 they are done as well.
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan2528.00
      05-26-2024, 09:25 AM   #5
eliphil
Captain
Rep
Drives: M550I

I really thought Wolves would dominate inside and smother Mavs w defense. Luca is playing like superstar, he’s hard to stop. Boston has talent but there is something missing that true will to win. They have been very fortunate to play teams not at full strength. The pacers are done without Halliburton. Should be a very interesting finals. Dallas can win but if Boston stays focused and determined they will likely prevail.
Appreciate 2
lakefront593.00
Mosaud19984080.50
      05-26-2024, 02:18 PM   #6
lakefront
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliphil View Post
I really thought Wolves would dominate inside and smother Mavs w defense. Luca is playing like superstar, he’s hard to stop. Boston has talent but there is something missing that true will to win. They have been very fortunate to play teams not at full strength. The pacers are done without Halliburton. Should be a very interesting finals. Dallas can win but if Boston stays focused and determined they will likely prevail.
Gotta agree something is missing with Celts......They should be blowing out every team they've played so far.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2024, 10:41 PM   #7
lakefront
Captain
Rep

So I see the self proclaimed "best shooting big man ever" shot 5-18 tonight. KAT has looked like a clown this whole series.
Appreciate 1
Mosaud19984080.50
      05-27-2024, 06:10 AM   #8
Mosaud1998
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540

Garage List
2019 BMW 540  [0.00]
I personally can not stand Anthony Edwards. I understand he is young. But, man he is too cocky . Someone needed to put him in his place and I think Kyire along with Luka have done that.

I honestly thought the Wolves would take a game or two against the Mavs just because of the "twin" towers. But, KAT and Gobert have been playing like trash. I think this series is over.

Mavs vs. Celtics. I got the Mavs winning the title.
      05-27-2024, 08:50 AM   #9
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaud1998 View Post
I personally can not stand Anthony Edwards. I understand he is young. But, man he is too cocky . Someone needed to put him in his place and I think Kyire along with Luka have done that.

I honestly thought the Wolves would take a game or two against the Mavs just because of the "twin" towers. But, KAT and Gobert have been playing like trash. I think this series is over.

Mavs vs. Celtics. I got the Mavs winning the title.
The Wolves immaturity has shown up in the west conference finals and overall Dallas is just a hard match up for them. It sucks because I think the Wolves would beat the Celtics in the finals. Karl Anthony Towns needs to go and I hope he is traded in the off-season. I hear what you are saying about Edwards. If he wasn't on my home team I would be annoyed by him.

Kyrie and Luka are averaging like 60 points between the two of them this series? They are unstoppable and i can see them holding that finals trophy in a couple weeks.
Mosaud19984080.50
lakefront593.00
      05-27-2024, 09:35 AM   #10
Art__Vandelay
Lieutenant Colonel
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 xDrive

Quote:
I have nothing against Antman himself, I actually like him. I'm more annoyed by some of his fans in the sports media (ESPN in particular). They desperately want an American to be the face of the NBA again, after Europeans have increasingly dominated in recent times (Giannis, Jokic and probably now Luka). When assessing players, their lack of objectivity is very noticeable.

But as for Anthony Edwards himself, I like him both as a player and as a guy. Yes, he likes to talk trash and he's very self-confident, but he's actually never disrespectful IMHO.
Appreciate 2
eliphil2588.00
lakefront593.00
      05-27-2024, 11:53 AM   #11
eliphil
Captain
Rep

I like antman as well. The guy is just so positive and fun to watch plus he’s only 22. I can’t stand Kyrie for many reasons but he seems to have grown up and become a leader. He always seems to implode at some point but maybe he’s changed. I’m not a big Luca fan either. Until this years playoffs I’ve rarely seen a star that plays no defense and he’s a crybaby but he’s now playing defense and on the other end he’s been superb in every way. Maybe he’s growing up to as he passes a lot more these days
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan2528.00
      05-28-2024, 04:50 PM   #12
BManBimma
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 740i

Garage List
Quote:
I like antman as well. The guy is just so positive and fun to watch plus he’s only 22. I can’t stand Kyrie for many reasons but he seems to have grown up and become a leader. He always seems to implode at some point but maybe he’s changed. I’m not a big Luca fan either. Until this years playoffs I’ve rarely seen a star that plays no defense and he’s a crybaby but he’s now playing defense and on the other end he’s been superb in every way. Maybe he’s growing up to as he passes a lot more these days
I agree Luka's whining was always annoying. I think he has grown in terms of maturity and his game.
Appreciate 1
eliphil2588.00
      05-29-2024, 08:38 AM   #13
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

So here we go with the Wolves-Mavs series going back to Minneapolis. The Wolves will have to play perfectly to win 3 more in a row which I don't see happening. I think the series will end tomorrow night or on Saturday in Dallas.

And again with last night's game Kat shows up and they win. Of course he made a bunch of dumb fouls but his shooting was clutch. I still don't want him on the team but that debate is for next season.

Is Luka the king of getting a defender in the air and then lunging forward into them to create contact and a foul? I absolutely hate that play in the NBA but props to him for getting defenders off balance.
lakefront593.00
      05-29-2024, 09:02 AM   #14
lakefront
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
So here we go with the Wolves-Mavs series going back to Minneapolis. The Wolves will have to play perfectly to win 3 more in a row which I don't see happening. I think the series will end tomorrow night or on Saturday in Dallas.

And again with last night's game Kat shows up and they win. Of course he made a bunch of dumb fouls but his shooting was clutch. I still don't want him on the team but that debate is for next season.

Is Luka the king of getting a defender in the air and then lunging forward into them to create contact and a foul? I absolutely hate that play in the NBA but props to him for getting defenders off balance.
Yeah, that jumping into a defender has been going on way too long. Harden is the master at it too and many others before him. It's obviously an offensive foul when the player with the ball jumps into a defensive player jumping vertically but like you say, the NBA refuses to call it.
Appreciate 2
JMcLellan2528.00
      05-29-2024, 09:18 AM   #15
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakefront View Post
Yeah, that jumping into a defender has been going on way too long. Harden is the master at it too and many others before him. It's obviously an offensive foul when the player with the ball jumps into a defensive player jumping vertically but like you say, the NBA refuses to call it.
To me it's all about what the offensive player is intending to do. They aren't trying to make a shot; they are lunging in to create contact and "pretending" to shoot. If they cared about making the basket they would just do their normal shooting rhythm.
      05-29-2024, 10:57 PM   #16
BManBimma
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
I think the Wolves got lucky especially with all the foul trouble they had in the first half. I don't see them getting past game 5
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2024, 12:29 PM   #17
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BManBimma View Post
I think the Wolves got lucky especially with all the foul trouble they had in the first half. I don't see them getting past game 5
My gut is telling me the wolves will take game 5 (if they stay out of foul trouble, and both ANT and KAT have a solid game) but the Mavs will take the series during game 6.
eliphil2588.00
      05-30-2024, 07:55 PM   #18
eliphil
Captain
Rep

Full disclosure im a long time Knicks fan that is finally proud of my team again. I hope they make a few more good moves to get us over the top. I was watching the last dance last night and I think basketball was so much better in the 90s. Better defense no reliance on long shots and a few less teams. Watching Jordan again was something. He was brilliant on both sides of the court and his will to win was like few I’ve ever seen. He cost my Knicks a few real championship opportunities. Not enough defense these days
Appreciate 1
Mosaud19984080.50
      05-30-2024, 11:06 PM   #19
BManBimma
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Full disclosure im a long time Knicks fan that is finally proud of my team again. I hope they make a few more good moves to get us over the top. I was watching the last dance last night and I think basketball was so much better in the 90s. Better defense no reliance on long shots and a few less teams. Watching Jordan again was something. He was brilliant on both sides of the court and his will to win was like few I’ve ever seen. He cost my Knicks a few real championship opportunities. Not enough defense these days
You and me both but I'm a long time Nets fan. On Twitter today the trade talks was Mikal for OG..I'd take that in a heartbeat The 90's the bigs were tough with footwork, like Shaq, Olajuwon, Duncan, Robinson. Now in this era we have bigs like Gobert who can't do a drop step and hook shot but wins awards and earns 20+ mil a year.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2024, 06:00 AM   #20
Mosaud1998
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540

Garage List
2019 BMW 540  [0.00]
Welp, wolves got blown out game 5 at home court.

Mavs back to the NBA Finals. Kyrie plays against his old team. Should be a good series but I think Mavs will take the title. I can't see anyone stopping Luka or Kyrie.
      05-31-2024, 07:25 AM   #21
eliphil
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BManBimma View Post
You and me both but I'm a long time Nets fan. On Twitter today the trade talks was Mikal for OG..I'd take that in a heartbeat The 90's the bigs were tough with footwork, like Shaq, Olajuwon, Duncan, Robinson. Now in this era we have bigs like Gobert who can't do a drop step and hook shot but wins awards and earns 20+ mil a year.
Don’t forget Patrick Ewing a tremendous player. I had nets tixs for years they had some fun teams Buck Williams Albert king Giminski Newlin…. Then the KIDD Jefferson teams that went to 2 finals. I thought the refs threw the series against lakers they got every last call…….
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2024, 07:49 AM   #22
lakefront
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Welp, wolves got blown out game 5 at home court.

Mavs back to the NBA Finals. Kyrie plays against his old team. Should be a good series but I think Mavs will take the title. I can't see anyone stopping Luka or Kyrie.
How does a team not show up to an elimination game? Down by almost 30 at halftime? That's embarrassing.
Finals will be interesting.....Celtics have a ton of talent, everyone forgets that both their starting guards are All Defensive team. Just seems they have to want it.
Appreciate 1
Mosaud19984080.50