Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2019 F150

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobacs View Post
You are making it simplistic, implying that (for some people, not necessarily you) if you do not support Lewis's political position on racism, you must be racist. There is the folly right there. There are many ways to skin the cat, so to speak. Some will disagree on Lewis's take on racism, some will agree, EVEN THOUGH BOTH ARE AGAINST RACISM.

That is the point right there on why I disagree with mixing politics with sports. What is also apparent is some have the idea that if you disagree with Lewis's position on racism, you must be racist, which is simply idiotic IMO.

So that is why REGARDLESS of political position, whether I agree with it or not, it should NOT be mixed in with sports.

Leave politics to the Politicians in the same way I would not want politicians driving race cars.
Speaking generally, its very easy for everyone to say "Im not racist". There are many things in life that will go unknown to billions if you dont see it. I was born in Vermont and did not see many of the issues around with race because the state is almost entirely white. That doesnt make the people that live there racist, just less informed. Lewis is making people see or at least be very mildly aware of the issues and may spark a few people to dig deeper into things and educate themselves on the topic, or maybe not.

I have no problem with it, you do. Its all good. We can both co-exist.

I do disagree with your politicians and racecars dont mix.

Vermont's governor has been a local racecar driver for many years and continues to do so while governor! He is as cool as they come.

https://vtdigger.org/2019/07/03/gov-...oad-speedbowl/

Last edited by Ngilbe36; 05-13-2021 at 07:38 AM..
Appreciate 3
minn1914021.00
MKSixer34183.50
irunalot1518.00