Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
My employer pays for my fuel... I wonder how I'd put the costs of EV charging at home on my expense report. Does anyone already do this and can detail how they recoup this expense?
That's a good question. Were you issued a company charge card, or do you report miles through a form?

Before I was issued a card, it was in miles driven regardless of the cost of the fuel you bought, but that was literally a decade ago, I'm not sure what the new methods are. It would be the same for the EV, you get paid for the miles, not the cost of the electricity, similar to the post above me by anyland stated.

Today with the company charge card I just use the card for fuel, but I don't get reimbursed directly for charging at home.

That not a problem in some of my offices that provide free charging, but for home use you would have to calculate your expenses using your EV's consumption and your energy bill's rate per kWh and perhaps report it that way.

Personally, I have a home office and a portion of the electricity bill in included in the rent I have my company pay me. A portion of the utilities are also tax deductible as a business expense. You just have to make sure you do the math right and consult your accountant.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0