08-23-2019, 10:19 AM   #13
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Did you buy travel insurance?

Norwegian will hold the ship if any ship-provided shore excursion has not returned at departure time, and it might be worth checking to see if they have a similar policy for inbound flights that they booked for you. Worst case, they should pick up the tab to fly you to the first cruise stop, and you get a private SOLAS drill upon boarding.

One of my strongest suggestion to cruisers is to always spring for the passport book, even though the cheaper passport card works fine on ships and for land crossings in many common cruise destinations. Last thing that you want to do is get stuck in a foreign country waiting for the local embassy to get you a passport book so that you can fly home/onwards to the next port.

Going any place interesting?????
I believe there is some stupid law which dates back to before WWII which forces you to board the ship in the US (if not a US flagged ship), if you miss the departure you can not board the ship outside the US then return to the US. Once the ship leaves the US it can not go to another US port without going to a non-US port especially if it not a US flagged ship. There is some pretty complicated rules which governing shipping and cruise ships are covered by default. If you miss the boarding you are pretty much screwed depending on where the ship is going.

Last edited by Maestro; 08-23-2019 at 12:36 PM..
Appreciate 0