08-24-2019, 10:55 AM   #177
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
How about focusing on competitive differentiation? When you are just chasing everyone else, small improvements in either director or just styling start to affect customer decisions. BMW should double down on "the ultimate driving machine". Steal any customer who actually wants to drive rather than just show a badge off. RWD, manual transmissions, best in class steering feel, 50/50 weight, lots of noise and drama. X models with RWD biases and quick autos. Driver focused interiors with fewer distractions. That should be the focus. Otherwise you're so close to Merc/Audi that you'll lose sales easily with small disadvantages.

I cannot fathom why BMW is throwing away the elements that led to its stratospheric in sales. Just to compete on blandess, overstyling.

Better yet, implement that electric turbo pre-charger
https://www.motor1.com/news/28531/bm...-turbocharger/
Totally agree with you on that, day hey spent to much money on other stuff like gesture control. Lol

I really care less for that because I never use it. I can change volume on steering wheel much quicker. It's just waist of R&D it could go in more useful areas.