View Single Post
      05-03-2020, 02:01 AM   #16
Flacht3
Not Enough Garage Space
Rep
Drives: STO /765LTS/ Macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
debating on getting one. I've been searching 991 GT3s but I might just wait it out and put in an order for a 992 if they let me. Im not feeling the hood or wing design though.

I've heard that this generation will not be limited and anyone with the funds is allowed to purchase?? anyone got info on that ?

People said the same exact thing about the 718 GT4. Everyone was saying allocations would flow like water and porsche wasn’t going to limit anymore yada yada yada. Well, allocations still ended up being hard to get.

Point is, you simply never know. But many of the 991.2 buyers they paid ADM ended up taking a bath. Most RSes can be had with low miles at MSRP or slightly below now. I don’t think people will be as eager to pay ADMs next time around, but it won’t be as easy as just walking into a dealer either. Im thinking ADMs will exist but lower ($5k-$10k) and Porsche will keep supply somewhat limited. There’s also the factor of Porsche needing to sell a ton of Taycans to offset the GT3 emissions...which might not go according to plan ergo Porsche produces less GT3s. All speculation at this point, but let’s see.

Also that video is from 2018 apparently. But I think still a good indication of what we’ll see (and hear).