View Single Post
      11-23-2022, 04:04 PM   #805
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
The serious question is will the market share be there in 2035? Right now EV's makeup only 6% of US new car sales(Tesla owns over 60% of that). Mary has invested GM's entire future on EV's and promises to be all electric by 2035. All these brands that have set hard transition dates and invested 100bills will be in trouble if they are decade off on adoption rate. They could all be left fighting for a small market share of new car buyers. All while Akio Toyoda is sitting laughing selling every new Prius they can sell. I am not against EV's in the slighest, we have a EV and a plugin hybrid in are household. But I get a feeling some of these brands setting hard EV transition dates could end up in trouble. Keep in mind GM is currently making record profits all while selling 90+% ice vehicles(they are just going to abandon that?).

Given that those in power today won't be in power 13 years from now, I don't see how it's wise to assume nothing will change in the next 13 years. betting on tomorrow based on what is true today is foolish given all the unanswered questions and un-invented solutions that are key to getting us there.

Diversification is usually the best long term strategy. This applies to more than just retirement funds.
Appreciate 0