Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Thanks omasou A thread with opinions makes for interesting reading. I didn't see reference to randomized clinical studies. Were such studies included in the link?

Here is another article noting noting that multivitamins do not reduce the risk of any chronic disease: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/MV...hProfessional/

I consider NIH and John Hopkins to be credible sources, I'm sure there are others. I also consider randomized controlled clinical trials to be credible source material.

Hopefully others who are more knowledgeable than I am, and preferably are health care providers, can point the direction for information on this. Thanks!
Did you click on the ArsTech link. There was an observational study which is probably as close as you'll get.

Clinical trials are designed to prove the benefit of a medicine for a NDA approval. Vitamin's don't require approval. So that leaves research. No manufacturer is going to fund an academic or other type of study to prove their vitamins are effective b/c there isn't any ROI.

So like the ArsTech article said. There is no proven benefit to taking manufactured vitamins, they may be linked to cancers, and eating a balanced diet should provide all the vitamins needed.

Last edited by omasou; 03-03-2021 at 04:15 PM..
Appreciate 1
chassis6490.00