View Single Post
      05-26-2020, 08:22 PM   #34
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Three weeks ago.

Me: What’s the status on my car?

Chevy Service: We’re just waiting on a few parts. Your car should be put back together early next week, and the tech has to do some reprogramming and test drive it. You should have your car back soon. Maybe end of the week?

Two weeks ago.

Me: It’s the end of the week. What’s going on?

Chevy Service: Oh we’re still waiting on GM to send us 2 new pistons. It’s the last two pieces that needed to go in to the engine. Should be here early next week and the car buttoned up and ready to go.

Following Monday.

Me: Is the engine back in the car? Are we good for me to pick up the car SOMETIME this week?

Chevy Service: The technician is missing a couple of bolts for the engine mount and we’re waiting for GM to send the parts. It’s looking pretty good, you should have your car back early next week.

Me: That’s what you said two weeks ago. Car’s been there for THREE months.

Chevy Service: Yes sir, I’m terribly sorry sir, but we’re waiting on the parts...

Me: Call me at the end of the week. I want to know I’ll be picking up the car.

End of last week.

Me: What’s the hold up now?

Chevy Service: We’re missing a gasket for the oil pan. Waiting for GM...

Me: JFC. That’s the same excuse for the last 3 weeks. Don’t you guys take inventory of stuff you take off of the car and have that sh*t ready ahead of time?

Chevy Service: Yes sir, I’m terribly sorry sir. We’ll work hard this weekend to put the car back together, hopefully it’ll be done next Tuesday. Either way I’ll call you and keep you updated.

Today.

Dealership service department called. I didn’t even bother picking up the phone. Sure enough, more excuses as to what part is still missing, and “promises” that the car will be done later in the week. At this point it’s like they don’t even care when I get the car back, since it’s already so far into the legal “lemon” period. Another day, week, month...Makes zero difference.

I suspect, after they rebuilt the bottom end, the tech fired up the engine and it was not happy. Either more sh*t broke, or the engine threw up a Christmas tree. Tear down, more work, button up, more problems. Rinse, repeat. Thus the weekly optimistic outlook by the tech and service writer, and the weekly delays of needing more parts to throw at it.

Should have just sent a new crate engine GM.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 2
Murf99314114.00
Rmtt8209.00