F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T View Post
recent update:

got a call at 11:30ish. Car was found 30 miles away, in a residential neighborhood. It had been parked there since Wednesday night... no damage, slightly cleaner inside than when it left the driveway

The guy who called the police said he thought it was the neighbor's kid's car who just came from college. He called over yesterday to tell them they left a window open and it was raining.

Cop thinks car was parked just close enough to the house that the fob worked... and they were in this neighborhood to steal another and the car wouldn't restart

Met the cop just as they finished DNA and fingerprinting.
So I would assume the car would be labeled as a recovered theft? Title gets branded? Wondering, even with used cars prices being sky high, do you have the option to decline the car and take the insurance payout?

Also, you know the market is insane when POS e36 shitboxes are going for $7k with rust/paint/interior/misfire issues. Glad you got the car back at least OP.
Appreciate 0