05-30-2020, 11:50 AM   #33
supra93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4, E500, Supra, RX7

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/the...ad.686/page-65

Quote:
Originally Posted by A70TTR

the new Z is supposedly just a reskin of the Z34 platform according to a buddy of mine at Nissan JP. Not saying it's bad given new interior, exterior, and turbo V6, but I don't think it's going to be capable of what the A90 is and might even have the same auto (Jatco 7AT) and manual (6spd) that they're using currently.

I also believe Nissan is going to charge every bit of $50k for that thing, but I've read some reports saying less (doubt it). Theyre not in a great financial position and have commented that they're looking to improve brand perception and charge more to recoup R&D costs and increase profit. Good news is that could mean better quality vehicles however, as they focus more on each individual sale vs volume.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A70TTR
Yeah, I haven't heard anything from that friend on specific pricing, but from what he was saying they wanted to move the car further upscale and given the Supra and some other competition that's roughly where I see it landing.

I think if they're smart they'll try to undercut the others though, especially if they managed to save money staying on that same or nearly same platform (maybe have a bare bones version somewhere in the mid to high 40s).
Appreciate 0