View Single Post
      04-24-2020, 06:23 AM   #39
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Why do you think Ricciardo or Sainz wouldnt be team players? I dont think they would necessarily settle for No2 status, but I dont think they would clash with LeClerc like Vettel has. From what I have seen, Ricciardo and Sainz are clean racers and would make a good replacement for Vettel. I'd give the upper hand to Ricciardo though since he has more experience and is a proven race winner. Pairing LeClerc with Sainz would probably be the least experienced driver lineup Ferrari has ever had.

Is anyone taking the reports seriously that Gio is being considered as a replacement? He's only had one year of experience and hasnt excelled in that year as well as LeClerc did in his first year. Why would Ferrari choose him over Ricciardo and Sainz? If they have any aspirations to win the constructors title, they surely have better choices than Gio. Not to mention that they cant wait any longer to help him get better. It's already been over decade since they won their last title....
You know what...it could happen,I did mention a while ago of possibility of Giov being moved up with Mick S just not ready despite his insistence that he is. Sainz is fiercely competitive and we all know two number 1's in Ferrari just won't work.
Appreciate 2