View Single Post
      01-05-2023, 02:29 PM   #10
SoCal_NSX
Major
Rep
Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon

wow! congrats and like others have mentioned, good thing you got some tools and know how to use them

as an original NSX fan boy on my third one over 20 years it was time for something new and the Cayman was the logical choice...it's kinda coincidental or is it? that the Cayman came along as Acura killed off the NSX...it was modern day NA1 NSX...I personally wasn't really interested in the Cayman until the 2nd gen 981 arrived with its more aggressive styling and its IMS bearing issues ironed out. So in 2018 I sold my 92 NSX and flew to San Jose to pick up my first Porsche...a 2014 981 CS in almost the perfect spec I was searching for, white on black with the 20" Carrera S wheels with the X73 sport suspension...she was a beauty

although I wanted a 6MT, it was a PDK and after all the glowing praises of that transmission I was willing to give it a try.....Like you, I took a gamble and flew out without a PPI, but it did come with a 30 day 3000 mile warranty from the Lexus dealer I bought it from, so I figured I could deal with it....Luckily it was flawless for the 10K miles I put on her and ended up making about $6K profit on her when I decided a few years later when I decided I needed to get back into a 6MT

So I started looking for a 6MT version which were becoming impossible to find..I finally got lucky and found a 981 CS and a 718 GTS(2.5T) at same dealer to compare and test drive back to back....I was a 981 die hard, but after the back to back test drive, I was now hooked on the 718 and that much quicker feel, sleeker looks and updated tech....it sounded great from inside the cockpit too!!

Anyways, I ended up flying to Tucson AZ and picking my latest Cayman up after finding a super low mile CPO base 718 6MT in Graphite Blue Metallic ....It's not the fastest thing on the road, but I would say it out handles probably 90% of the modern sports cars on the road...I love this thing!!!

Enjoy!!!

Last edited by SoCal_NSX; 01-05-2023 at 02:42 PM..
Appreciate 2
chassis6552.50
DM5PAV375.00