View Single Post
      05-05-2021, 08:10 AM   #32
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggins View Post
Yes, I have the exact same issue. I average one car per year...and each time, I convince myself that the next one is "the one". I even dipped my toe into the P world last year through a new Cayman S, but sold it after a few months (the crappy sounding 4 banger didn't help matters). I have tried older iconic cars (low mileage E46M3), daily driver plus special car set ups, etc...none of them truly scratched the itch.

While I know it is a pretty stupid move financially, I have come to grips that "the chase" for the next car, and the process to get it "perfect" once I get it, are my outlets...while the kids and wifey are asleep on the weekend, I am dialing in my new car for hours, and it is my quiet time.

Even now I am excited at the prospect of getting one of the last remaining allocations for the M2C, and so the story goes. If I am being honest, I do wish I could just drive a Camry for 10 years and be happy with that. I could use the time and money I would save in a more productive way
well enjoy the chase while you still are in it, you might miss it once it fades away like it seems to be doing for me!
Appreciate 1
Foggins1331.50