View Single Post
      04-16-2021, 08:50 AM   #27
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
I tried! Hope you have better luck.

My first car was a 5 speed TJ, my parents had CJs, XJs, WJs, and ZJs. I've owned a few XJs, YJs, TJs. They were all great.

Then I spec'd and took delivery of my Sting Grey JT Rubicon (Gladiator). Two steering boxes replaced, new rear brakes, multiple software flashes, infotainment that would randomly shut off, HVAC that worked however/whenever it wanted. Good thing, like you, I got a heck of a deal when I purchased it. I was about 14% under MSRP. Ended up selling to CarMax for about what I paid for it.

I also just got rid of my wife's WK2 Grand Cherokee Overland with ~40k miles on it. Transfer case grenaded and it took a month to get a replacement under warranty. Transmission started to slip, rain sensing wipers stopped working in the middle of a rain storm, stalled in traffic twice, list goes on.

While I love Jeeps - I've probably had a dozen or so ranging from stock cream puffs to stretched wheelbases on tons/40s and coil overs - I learned the hard way that the newer ones just can't hold a candle to the older ones.

I have two Land Cruisers now
Appreciate 1
Vivek.1366.00