View Single Post
      04-05-2023, 10:48 AM   #17
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230 2020 vert F23

txs !

problem with CA door handles, you just can't respray then due to the capacitance effect.

I have been working on some ideas to maybe hide

the covers (as posted above) but not sure they will block the CA from working
maybe even a thin black stripe (or a non black)
masking the line up and using a tuch up or rattle can, just to duisguise

it's white on black at the moment which pulls your eye to it

when that car it washed and waxed your eyes will get drawn to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
When I was a young lad, way back in the last century, while at work my car was parked in a gated lot. I’d worked hard to save for that car (320i 1980 I think) and took very good care of it. But the thief who broke in for the stereo didn’t care about it at all. Damage to the passenger door, window, console, etc. and of course the radio was gone and wires cut. Found it at lunch time. Police wouldn’t even bother with a report, didn’t come out.

Some people just can’t behave, or have needs (drugs or whatever) that compel bad behavior. I guess.

From that moment I’ve been careful to only buy cars that I can shrug at if something like that happens again (or worse). My attitude is to buy cars when I can afford to lose them, not when I can afford to buy them. That’s given me peace about anything happening. Touring Spartanburg helped too - apparently they make several every minute, so they are easily replaced.

Sorry it happened to you; don’t let it overwhelm an otherwise pretty good life. Fix it and forget it, or leave it if you really think it will happen again.
Appreciate 0