View Single Post
      12-14-2019, 03:05 PM   #1
hubbahubba
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3CX

The time I took my parents car without asking them

NEfan508 get's credit for this thread if it takes off. I will take it if it flops. His post about taking his Dad's car makes me think that he (we) are not alone. Tell your story, here is mine.

In 1983 I was 15 and had just gotten my learners permit. I had spent some time behind the wheel of Mom's 1979 280Z, but never without either her or Dad. Very fun car. One weekend night they had planned to go to dinner with friends out of our small town, and about an hour away. I had a buddy that was 18, and not much but trouble followed us when I hung around with him. He talked me into taking the car out cruising. Since he was licensed and of age, and folks would be gone for at least 4 hours, why not, right? For about 2 hours we drove around and pissed off pretty much everybody that we saw, he was just that way. Ended up getting chased by these guys in a black Trans Am all over town. After we lost them, we headed over to the mall parking lot where us whippersnappers would hang out on weekend nights. No more than 5 minutes after we pulled in to the lot, I see my Dad's red and white F-250 pulling up to the car. Uh oh... Turns out they decided to stay in town and he had been driving around for an hour looking for me. As you can imagine, he was NOT happy with me. I never drove that car again, nor was I allowed to hang with my older buddy any more. In fact, I can't remember ever seeing him again. It was a really fun night until Dad showed up. Not so much after that.
Appreciate 3