Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3

Garage List
2014 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by uluwatu06 View Post
How have you live with it? Driving around with the tray open? Or you tape it close temporarily?
I am able to close mine by pressing on the bottom of the part that is circled in red in your OP, which then causes the "button" on the outside of the door that is used to open the tray to re-appear (because the mechanism is broken, when you push on the button to open the tray, it "disappears" inside the tray door). I then use my index figure to apply a slight downward (i.e. towards the floor) pressure on the button to hold it in the closed position while closing the tray door at the same time. In my case, after doing this the door will stay closed. However, if I go over a large bump at high speed, for example, the door will sometimes open on its own.

I hope that you can understand my explanation and that you can get your door to close. It's much harder to explain the process in writing than it would be to demonstrate it in person (it wouldn't even be easy to film it as the space is so tight and the movements are literally fractions of an inch).