pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post

This is hilarious, but all sadly true. My USPS mail lady is super nice (and quite hot actually) but the USPS has to be the shittiest of the bunch as far as dealing with any issues. They are all bad, UPS and FedEx just don't care, while USPS is actively trying to screw up your shit.
My all-time horror story goes back to about 2015 when I sold a custom 6-string electric bass that I had made and which I loved dearly but which was too heavy for my messed-up back. I sold it to a fellow member of a bass players' forum. I decided to make UPS completely responsible for its safety, and paid for them to pack it (in its factory case) for shipment, and bought the insurance. Handed them something like $200 and left with my receipt and tracking number. It was headed for Texas, which should have taken 4 days according to them.

Of course I tracked it, out of anxiety. And sure enough, 2 days after I shipped it it stalled out and then literally disappeared off their tracking system. In a rage, I called UPS help line. They said "Well, gee whiz, I reckon we plumb done lost it. We'll have a look around and see if we can find it." Great. Just great. Luckily the buyer was really understanding - thanks Tom - while we both sweated bullets waiting for word from UPS. Almost 2 weeks later, the buyer called me and said it showed up and he was already in love with it. Turns out the label had come off and it had to be re-labeled but they never entered the new label in the tracking system. Thanks UPS, for making two nice guys wait around like a couple of chumps while you screw the pooch.