pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
How is everyone's current experience with USPS? I just built a theater and I wanted some autographed jerseys for the wall. I ordered an Eli Manning, LT, Maradona, Mark Messier, Ronaldinho and a Tyson glove. Thankfully I got the Maradona but the others are lost in the USPS abyss... "In transit Arriving Late" for every one.. it's been 3 weeks or more. The Tyson glove only had to go from south NJ to me in SI NY, 1 hour away but they sent it to a Michigan center lol and it just sat there.. UPS and FedEx are fine, no issues. They also lost my insurance return phone which ATT charged me $650 and they also lost my trade in. I know it's xmas during the pandemic but god damn this is crazy.. They have like $2k in losses on me in 4 weeks. The Eli jersey I begged the seller to use UPS but they use bulk pickup and refused my request, even though I offered to pay $50 extra for shipping.

I called USPS but they cant give me a location on any of the packages.. lol. They all have a generic message where only the day changes:

Scan History
Dec 10
In Transit, Arriving Late

Anyone else?
I'm so sorry to hear all of this. But not surprised. There's a reason the USPS "loser zoo" is the perennial multi-billion-dollar money-losing suck-hole and last place finisher in everything except sucking the dingleberries off of the south ends of northbound donkeys. It's because they suck. They lost 4 hard drives worth $1400 for me. And 2 Sodastream cylinders a month later, after they got bored of losing hard drives.

Oh, and that PayPal "yo, we got your back bro" guarantee on the hard drive purchase? Worthless as a screen door on a submarine. Worthless as a second row of tits on a boar hog. USPS flat-out lied and stated that they left them in my mail box, with no proof whatsoever, and PayPal believed them and left me twisting in the breeze for the $1400.

I always ask merchants who they use to ship with, and adamantly refuse to buy anything from any merchant who ships by USPS. Pretty sure "USPS" stands for Unbelievably Shitty People who Suck.

Electronics and computer parts scammers Newegg are a real piece of work too. Here's the tracking history for a product which they supposedly had in stock almost 3 weeks ago when I ordered it. They haven't even handed it to UPS yet, despite having been fondling my hard-earned cash the whole time. Initiated a chat session with an illiterate doofus to try to get some resolution. I might as well have been chatting with a tree stump. I've filed a claim against them through Wells Fargo, who have been pretty good about refunding my money in such cases.

Are things a little tricky in supply chain operations these days? They sure are. Is this a valid reason to absolutely suck at shipping things, given that they've been doing it for decades, a monkey could do almost all of it, and they've had 8 months to make adjustments for the current challenges? Fuck no.