View Single Post
      07-20-2020, 03:23 PM   #11
HelixFish
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 sDrive 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesZed View Post
Well after a few hours work yesterday I managed to fully install the full iDrive system

I'd already installed the MULF and Bluetooth antenna a couple of weeks ago for testing purposes so that was already set up. ** Note - The OEM MULF does not sit on top of the glovebox, it is suppose to sit in the boot to the left of the pass-through hatch, but that entails taking a lot more panels off for no gain whats-so-ever, and there is space above the glovebox, so why not That also included the AUX and USB inputs from the centre console. With this I also sorted the problem with the glovebox USB not working so that is now fully operational as well.
So a lot of the dash panel had to come out so that I could get to the radio cage, this was a bit of a nightmare really as I was trying to avoid taking too much out, but I managed it in the end with a bit of bending (parts of the dash as well as myself!!).
This is the stage just as I'd removed the old cage and before I'd put the new one in...

Here we go with the first full test run of the system running...

Then I placed everything back in as it should go, along with a final test run to make sure it was working properly...

I've been informed that my Apple CarPlay/Android Auto box is now in the country and with Royal Mail for delivery, so I should have it in the next couple of days. Then I've got the fun of trying to get it fitted behind the headunit, with very little space!
I'm super interested in your CarPlay install. One product or install that I saw indicated you can switch back and forth from iDrive to CarPlay with a 3 second push on the menu button or similar press. That's what I want. I'm waiting to hear your experience before I buy.
Appreciate 0