View Single Post
      09-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #18
wmandra
Track Addict
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i, 2014 Z4

jts1981,
Car does not feel twitchy at all. Had it out on NJMP Lightning track on Sunday and the car was well balanced and had a ton of grip. I don't regret any stage of the mods, but a few things to keep in mind:

- EDC warning comes on every time I start the car. When it becomes annoying enough I'll get the KW module to fix this.
- I had a 2 1/2 hour drive to and from NJMP and the ride was fine. Rough / bumpy roads get annoying and have to drive slower on them.
- I'm running fairly aggressive spring rates (392lb/in front, 672lb/in rear) because I will be tracking the car a lot. For just street use or 1-2 track days a year I would recommend softer springs (something like 280lb/in front and 560lb/in rear).
- I do daily drive this car.

I'll do another post in this thread on springs / shocks sometime later this week. Next up is going to be the rear H&R sway bar, won't have it in time for Pocono this weekend but it will be on before VIR in October

Bill
Driver, Ratchet Head Racing #93 BMW Z4
Club Organizer, Garden State Euros Motorsport Division
2014 Glacier Silver Z4 28i M Sport - See the build thread: http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=950367
Appreciate 0