e90rocks
Myrmidon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Entwicklung 90 - 325 Xi

Garage List
2006 325 xi  [0.00]
What Materazzi said

I watched the game too. Using super-slow motion, and with the help of an interpreter I was able to discern exactly what Materazzi said to Zidane:

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberry."

Now see if Zidane had watched "Bend it Like Beckham", he would have learned that retaliation is a selfish act that reflects negatively on the team.

Seriously, I grew up getting lots of racial slurs, and you just have to ignore the opposing bench. Winning is the best revenge.

That being said...sometimes you get a chance to do it cleanly.
This from ESPN Magazine about Hines Ward, the coolest part-Korean on the planet.

"Ward has been fined by the NFL just once in his seven-year career, for taunting after he flattened Browns safety Earl Little with a block in a game three years ago. The Steelers threw a pass into the flat, and Ward caught Little with a perfect shot. Ward stood over the unconscious Little and enjoyed the moment a bit too much. He immediately apologized, but he says, "Two plays before, he tried to take my head off, then looked at me and said, 'YOU CHINESE BITCH.'

"I've heard that stuff all my life," Ward says. "Usually it doesn't bother me. But if you're going to talk stuff and try to take me out, I'm coming at you. Cleanly and fairly. But I'm coming."
Appreciate 0