G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cos270 View Post
If all you care about in a car is power, then sure. But I'm not going to be surprised when the average EV does 0-60 in 6sec so they can squeeze more range out of lower priced models and charge more to unlock extra power through software upgrades (see Mercedes EQS). Yeah, the future looks great…
The EV is still in its prove-it-to-me phase, which is why Tesla and the other makers make models that can do 60 MPH in 3 seconds. But it's just not software key that unlocks the additional power. The high-power hardware has to be in the car in the first place. The motor(s) have to be sized for the power output, the cabling, the high-power electronics, a larger battery to handle the heat load. All of that has to be sized to make the power flow safely to achieve 60 MPH in 3 seconds. And it adds weight. It hardly different than high-powered ICE, the faster the goes, the more power it has, and the heavier it is. However, you can put a big engine in a small car; with EV, its not as easy to package the high-power EV hardware in a small chassis.

This is one of my gripes with EV. There is no 7-second EV hatchback econo car that gets 200 MPGe. It's all groin-enlarging Plaids that get the attention of most pretend car guys. If the EV is to save the planet, which is why they are here, then where are the slow(er), 50kWh super-efficient ones that cost $30K so everyone can afford EV?
It's not about saving shit. It's about money like every being else my friend. Our armed forces produce a shit tone of Carbon. Do you see us jumping through hoops to change all that? Nope. If your really a save the planet tree hugger, buy a Tesla, don't fly in commercial jets and stop eating meat. That would be a start
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17303.00