Cos270
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2015 F22 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
So that’s Mercedes. Car makers can implement that however they want.

When I purchased acceleration boost, it was 2000 to knock off 1/2 second 0-60. I think they give you 48 hours to “return” the update if you’re unhappy with it. I knew I wanted it so I was quick to buy it. The update didn’t take long at all. And I was beating cars left and right after it during my commute.

This type of technology will only get better as time moves toward. Your post is exactly what I was saying. You’re judging todays results and thinking that’s how it’s going to be moving forward.

It won’t. It gets better. At least for EV fans.
I think we'll have to wait to see if it get's better. I agree, its too early to see if all car makers are going to go the route of Mercedes and BMW with subscription-based services for features that could previously be owned, but once someone sets a precedent and shows it's profitable (and customers are willing to roll over and accept it), it's hard to go back.

Saying that just because something is "bad" now means it will get better is not always how reality works.

And to some (most) people, owning something is more important than beating people on your morning commute.
Appreciate 0