View Single Post
      10-08-2022, 10:38 AM   #42
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I understand that they investigate them all, but are they doing that constantly?
Are they doing that now?
Or are they doing that at the end of the year?

My point is: was the FIA doing an audit at RB before Toto's speculation in the media. So my question is about the timeline, not about the procedure or how hard it is or how open for interpretation it is.
Its pretty simple. They ALL have to submit an audited signed off set of accounts in March. So they have already been signed off by external auditors then the FIA look over them who then use Deloitte so ensure they have all followed the same interpretation.

Its weird to the fans as it seems to take so long but the reality is the process is fairly normal. Its the same in the UK for football clubs who have to comply with FFP rules in the Premiership as an example.

I think the challenge is the 54pages or rules on what's in, what's out and how you should include or exclude costs is silly complex as most other things are in F1. It seems some of the teams seem to think that one or two teams have pushed things too far and should pay the price, how far we don't know yet. Have some teams had people working in the F1 team but actually tried to exclude the costs, Redbull I believe has 6 different limited companies they are moving funds around on, other teams are probably similar, so its VERY tough to police, I wouldn't want to be the FIA.

To give people a view of how much some of the top teams have had to cut back and why they are cross if some have gamed it - give this a read.

Mercedes financial numbers reflect painful f1 cost cap
Appreciate 1