10-29-2020, 09:49 AM   #57
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
This is the problem though. To do it just with vision you’d have to re-create the part of the human mind responsible for spatial awareness, reasoning and our ability to extrapolate future location of an object relative to us. Base on a stereo cameras which are our 2 eyes. If you can do that, than cameras are all we need. But we are nowhere there right now. And the Waymo cars already drive with a liquid cooled super computer in the back.
I agree. However I'm not sure if self driving cars will really take off unless it can be done with just vision. How much does one of those vans with a super computer cost? Now if you could get a device like the comma.ai to do FSD that would be a game changer. Now you can retrofit existing cars to have FSD. I think it WILL happen the question is when. Not when Elon says because that guy says it's going to happen every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
IT DOES NOT WORK. If it did it would be released already.
Why you so mad bro? Of course it doesn't work, that's why apart from waymo in a small area you don't see any autonomous cars. Does that mean they should just stop working on it? We haven't cured cancer so let's stop because IT DOES NOT WORK. Maybe all the people researching this stuff should quit and get into the spam business because we sure need more spammers.
Appreciate 2