View Single Post
      09-25-2018, 04:25 AM   #6
DavesZed
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E89 23i, 2011

As you can see in the attached the rear cam has a rotating base with a 3M sticky pad on it (the red part). This rotating base rotates enough to allow it to be stuck to the plastic of the hoop (obviously needs to be alcohol wiped clean). So far it's been on there since earlier this year and the majority of my driving has been with the roof down and it is still secure so no chance of it blowing off. Even if it did become loose you could actually drill a bolt fixing into the hoop.
I made a hole in the plastic joint just above where the cam is. I'd have preferred all of the wire to be hidden but due to the plug connector being the size it is and the lack of room inside the plastic cover I decided to loop it like I have.
Alas due to the design it makes it off level, but it doesn't really matter.
Oh and with mine being a right-hand drive I placed it on my passenger side to get the full off-side view I could, obviously I'd recommend that you place it on YOUR passenger side (being the right) for maximum viewing position when the roof is up. I appreciate that vehicles can pass on either side (road dependent) in the USA (well they can here in the UK as well depending on the road layout) but this will give you the predominant maximum view you can.
Attached Images

My Z4 E89 YouTube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtt...0vHFUQnoEvKB2Q
Appreciate 1