LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post
Tesla is the ev leader..Look where the tesla is.... its been over 5 years since it became mass market and it pretty much churns out the same looking vehicle and models,
throw in a niche Plaid here or a raven there ..take away some radar or performance brakes there from mass sellers..
if this is how much can change in 5 + years there really is no hope in 15 years.
I wouldn’t use Tesla as a way to estimate future industry progress over a 15 year span. Each manufacturer will have their own priorities and competitive motivators that will lead to interesting solutions being attempted to all of the challenges to getting us to the 2035 goal — a goal that only covers a few states in the US BTW.

I’ve driven Tesla’s on a test drive. Not a car I’m excited about and not one I’d own. I really enjoy my BMW 530e PHEV though and I’m sure I’ll enjoy a BMW BEV. Tesla is too focused on building cars for people who hate driving. That’s OK, I’m just not their target consumer. BMW is building EVs for people like me though… And that’s the same in the ICE world. A Toyota doesn’t drive like a BMW and a BMW doesn’t drive like a Porsche.
Appreciate 0