View Single Post
      09-14-2022, 04:38 PM   #115
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
I partially am glad Porsche didn't go through with it.

Did kinda start following F1 this year, mainly because of the chance that Porsche may join F1. I knew it was going to be a fat chance that BMW ever did so again. As I learned a bit more about F1 and all of that, I also grew to despise how toxic the F1 fans are and I come from the gaming community, we're known to be entitled. F1 fans are worse. Every week, almost EVERY week this year from what I can tell, is someone throwing up another theory on why this happened and all of that. It is already so tiring to see that I stopped paying attention already.

I don't think Porsche needs that kind of attention, nor do they really require it. I have seen some say F1 doesn't need Porsche but it is very much the other way around. F1 feels so stagnant to me and my casual eyes that not having more OEMs join is a detriment to them and not to anyone else. Think about it, do you think Benz needs F1? Benz & Honda are such big companies this is just a playground for them. Audi joining is a good thing but Audi doesn't have the following Porsche does. Audi is pretty much VW's forgotten middle child.

F1 needs more than Audi. Maybe if Honda returns, which they seems to be going back and forth on. Andretti as well if the "elites" of F1 stop being a bunch of idiots with rich kids syndrome.

That said though Porsche was definitely asking for a bit much from RBR. That doesn't really surprise me though considering it is Porsche and they always do things their way. It just... comes with the territory and being associated with Porsche.