Eracer76
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rif75 View Post
Hello Eracer,

Can see that you have a VRSF race 7.5. How is the fitting on z4? I have IAT issue with my actual FMIC and Dimitri can t make me the best tune possible like this...I want to upgrade to the HD but not available for now so the race can be a good option. Can you give us a feedback of it and why did you choose this one instead of the hd?

Thanks
The 7.5 race is a tight fit and some plastic trimming was needed, but I made it work without much of a problem. The stock mounting points worked fine to hold it up, but I did drill them out and installed some bigger screws/bolts to hold it in place, since its so heavy. I have MMP silicone turbo outlets that hooked up to the intercooler coupler just fine, but I'm not sure if the stock Z4 outlet connection at the intercooler would need modifying or not. As for the cold side, the intercooler comes with a 90 degree silicone coupler, which does not work with the Z4. I had to buy a longer straight silicone coupler off eBay in order to hook it up to the charge pipe since its routed under the AC compressor instead of over it like on the other cars.

I chose the 7.5 race over the HD because I was also upgrading to the MMP turbos at the same time and I wanted the best one possible for the money. The intercooler works amazing with these turbos! I was at a Shift Sector 1/2 mile event in August and it was 85 degrees outside... Most of the runs my IAT's were starting out around 95 degrees and even after running it through 5 gears at 160 mph, the highest IAT I recorded for the day was 118
2009 Z4 35i 6mt, SpeedTech 6266 Gen2 turbo kit, Tial WG, VRSF 7.5 race IC, ER charge pipe, Tial BOV, Radium Fuel cell w/ surge tank and twin Walbro 525 pumps, Radium FPR and return line, Bluetooth ethanol sensor, Phoenix intake manifold w/PI, JB4 tuner, PR coil packs, Custom oil cooler, ECS Radiator, Spec 3+clutch, Mfactory flywheel, single 3.5" into dual 3" exhaust, H&R springs, 19" TSW wheels, 235/19 & 275/19 RE11 tires
Appreciate 2
BQ Tuning113.50
fmorelli161.50